So I got my seats to fully recline today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know if this works on the manual(4way power) reclining seats? I looked at mine and it doesnt have the same threaded rod/nut.

there should be something underneath that is limiting the recline. i would check underneath to see what is holding it up.

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice mod. I'll have to try this eventually. I'll prolly practice on the pass. side so that if I screw up, I'll know what to watch out for on the driver side.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys well I went out to do this and found out if you got 4 way power seats it can NOT be done well at least mine can't, reason is the there isn't just a thread rod with a cramp over it, there's a metal box the rod goes through and a stopping plate that can be removed,now the rod as notches in it as well its flat on both sides as it goes futher foward two things happen 1. you run outta notches 2. The rod goes from flat on both sides to being completely round and when the round part of the rod hits the stopping plate thus it can't go anymore and your outta notches. So I hope this helps anyone that has this setup. Maybe someone will have better way to figure it out for this setup but the only other way to do this is to remove the and modify it so it can do it, but the end of rod that attches to the back rest looks to have pressed fittings on it.

Last edited:

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 04 tahoe with 4way power seats and i got mine to recline all the way. but i didnt cut the piece off instead i put a notch in it witgh the grinder then put a screwdriver in the notch and hit the screwdriver with a hammer to break it loose then just screwed it back all the way so if i ever want it back all i have to do is screw it back up

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 04 tahoe with 4way power seats and i got mine to recline all the way. but i didnt cut the piece off instead i put a notch in it witgh the grinder then put a screwdriver in the notch and hit the screwdriver with a hammer to break it loose then just screwed it back all the way so if i ever want it back all i have to do is screw it back up

So once it breaks loose, it will just turn by hand or do you still need pliers or something?

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get some pics to show you what I got maybe someone can tell if I was going bout it wrong.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K here's what I'm working with is this what you guys got?

Attachments

• 100_2671.jpg
    100_2671.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_2673.jpg
    100_2673.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 195

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had to use pliers ay first but the further it got the easier it turned

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

K here's what I'm working with is this what you guys got?

no, mine didn't look anything like that