So I got my seats to fully recline today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a dremel would work better imo. the smaller tool would give you more control when cutting. it would just take you a little longer to cut through the nut.

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
i did mine a few months ago. the driver side was cake but the passenger side had some weird plastic cone thing that covered the threaded bar and i couldnt get to the stopper to cut it off. oh well i dont sit over there!

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know if this works on the manual(4way power) reclining seats? I looked at mine and it doesnt have the same threaded rod/nut.

Sam Hamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i did it on my escalade and it just has a little round piece on it. i just dremeled it off and it works fine. i accidentally nicked the thread but it didnt effect anything. it only took about 15 minutes.

very good mod. this should be a sticky. my friends are going to love it on the way to the beach now.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope..I just used a big ass grinder...it took me a total of 13 minutes...didnt even nick the threads at all :) ..and thats for BOTH sides

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts