So I Did A Thing Last Night....

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Onebad1983, Apr 12, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Onebad1983

Onebad1983 1SlowHoe

Name:
    Kaleb
    So I was driving home from work last night and I was just cruising, windows down, radio up, relaxed. All of a sudden I see two orange halos in my rearview. Challenger. I figured whatever it doesn't matter no one drives fast like I do anyway. They seem to be trying to get around other cars and trying to stick with me. I figure I'll give them something to try to stick with, wait until I get to a long straight in between where I live and my work, and mat it. I see them sticking with me in the rearview for a while and then they slowly start to creep up on me. By the time the needle touched a hundo I got on my brakes and was still ahead. Obviously the Challenger was a V6 but it really surprised me that my old girl did that well. Any thoughts on this? Or was I just being played with?

2. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    I have left a couple challengers behind before, I think they were probably still on a limiter, there is one joker green colored manual one around town that's pretty quick though I can keep up with him but no way I could beat him being stock. i've tried shifting manually but it's hard to watch the road and the tac and being probably a thousand lbs heaver it's not gonna happen.

3. adriver

adriver Full Access Member

Name:
    Justin
    Objects in mirror are closer than they appear

Doubeleive likes this.
  4. BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars Full Access Member

Name:
    Stephen
    Dude, stop. You're smarter than that. Don't contribute to high insurance costs or early death.

Onebad1983, Grind and Doubeleive like this.
  5. Z28TWITCH

Z28TWITCH Member

Name:
    Twitch
    Ah yes, to be a child again and think everything is fast...doesn't sound like you'd do well in jail son...suggest you keep that ish to a minimum.

6. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Kid in a Yukon XL was bumping it off the speed limiter, drunk, and smashed into the back of a Dodge Dakota killing all 5 inside. As often is the case, the drunkard lived, and by a miracle one passenger in the Dodge survived too.

When I was young and foolish I did a ton of racing on city streets and then street racing. The faster the car got, the more dangerous it became and then I quit and saved the speed for the drag strip.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Dcmaynor likes this.
  7. Onebad1983

Onebad1983 1SlowHoe

Name:
    Kaleb
    I didn't keep it going long. Quick hit, done. I wasn't going to be doing it for a long period of time and it was after 10 at night. I'd made sure there was no one around and I pay attention to the road and everyone on it. I am not going to let something bad happen. I know my limits and right now that was near it. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid

8. JeffL

JeffL TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    That is sickening. I swear, a reckless driver ever harms my family, I take him out to the desert and torture his ass, till hes food for the local critters.

zraffz likes this.