Smooth ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redman7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

My first post. I bought a used 99' Hoe a couple of years back, it just turned 90k. I love it. It's all stock. The truck sits level but, not quite sure how this was accomplished (believe that torsion bars were adjusted but just a guess). I realize its a truck but, how can I smooth out the ride some. I can feel every little hole in the road. All bushings are rubber except for the stabilizer bar link, those are polly. What are some of you running for tires, shocks, any other suspension goodies to smooth out the ride? As always, I thank you in advance for your time and input.

Red.

:emotions122:

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks (IMO) are some of the smoothest riding vehicles out there. Somethings wrong if yours isn't. I would first start off with replacing the shocks (Im a bilstein fan, but who isn't?).

I've heard if you have like 22" rims and no side wall tire it causes the ride to be ****** too. but I don't think this applies in your case.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
if the torsion bars are cranked it would be a little stiffer.. but it shouldnt be terrible.