Smell gas fumes by filler cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I still need to get under there and check those out as well. Also going to look at how the running board is mounted. Might be easier if I get that out of the way too?
I was able to drop the tank on my 2007 Yukon XL without any issues from the running boards other than needing to pump the jack a little higher.

Con Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have noticed the smell of gas by the left rear of our 2007 Tahoe 5.3. There are no codes being thrown. Sometimes it takes a few extra turns of the starter to get it to run, but not always. No evidence of gas leaks that I can see, or on the ground. Any ideas?
Yukon but same year and 5.3L. Don't wait to get fixed. Mine got worse until smelled inside and out. Had starting hesitation also. Blamed my son for hauling a leaky lawn mower around. Finally had to drop tank and fix.
Have paint damage around gas cap which may have been caused by fumes working on pain above tank.

Attachments

• Yukon 2007.JPG
    Yukon 2007.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons