SmartLiner vs. YitaMotor Custom Fit Floor Liners Side By Side Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to disagree with you here, carpet in vehicles makes all the difference on long trips or comfort in general.

And....you would be surprised how many people wear shoes in their home, carpet and all.
To me, knowing what I walk through all day at work, or even during the course of a non work day.... it isn’t very hygienic...especially when my kids were crawling around on the floor when babies....my white socks stay white in my home not only because of no shoes but also due to my wife’s refusal to have anything dirty...... (except the outside of my trucks.... I still can’t get her to run the ******* thing through a car wash once and a while)

Is that in regards to people taking their shoes off and resting their feet on the carpeted floors or children crawling around on the carpeted floors?

Even as a child that was something I didn't nor did I see anyone else do. Maybe those with minivans? No idea. Carpet sucks indoors but especially sucks outdoors and in cars and trucks! Nothing holds more foul stenches, stains, water, and filth than carpeting does.

I know indoor shoe wearing in private residences is common. I'd say it's roughly a 50/50 split of households.

There are some private residences I will not take my shoes off in either, for as you say, having white socks transformed to black in a matter of minutes - disgusting!

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello... I am looking for full coverage carpet mats .not a big fan of ridged slippery mats nor the look and feel. Does anyone happen to have any recommendation ?

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they are slippery. Never felt that way about WeatherTechs. Have been riding in cars with WeatherTechs for years. Including my Father who bought a 2003 Honda Element in early 2003 which had no carpeting whatsoever. It was the smartest idea for an automobile.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another update, I decided to complete the package and got the 3rd row and cargo area Smartliners. I went with the full length cargo area liner as I keep the 3rd row folded all of the time. I do know that they sell a tiny cargo area liner that would go behind the 3rd row as well but it does seem pointless, at least in the shorter wheelbase Yukon and tahoe variants. Perhaps in the XL and Suburban it would be more useful.

20210309_140509.jpg
20210309_134752.jpg

I am satisfied with the quality. I saw that Smartliner had discounted their 3rd row liner on both eBay and Amazon which prompted this purchase. In my estimate, this entire 5 piece set may have cost under $300.

In my opinion all cars should come with rubber floors from the factory so we don't have to cover carpet, but that's just me. I like leather seats and everything else luxurious but putting carpet in an area where filthy salt and mud ridden boots sit is just dumb.

Last winter in 2019-2020 was relatively mild but these front row Smartliners definitely got a huge workout with the 2020-2021 winter. You should see the front mats as I haven't complete the spring cleaning yet. You never know when there's going to be another snow at least until late April!

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems that the Smartliner is not available in tan for a YXL, either on their site or Amazon.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
PLEASE . . . PLEASE

Buy American folks! There is a $30 difference between Weathertech and Smartliner (for my other Chevy) and I am thrilled to pay up to get American made. I don't fuss too much about Mexican, Canadian, European or even Vietnam made products, but China is slowly destroying our economy and every purchase of Chinese goods hastens our demise. We have equal trading partners around the world but our trade deficit with the Chinese is destructive. This is not liberal vs conservative politics - it is economics.

I agree.

https://www.weathertech.com/blog/our_story/where_are_weathertech_products_made/

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the GM mats that I bought in 2016 and have moved through three Suburbans. The mats have held up well and protected the carpet.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 years later, no complaints about Smartliner. I have 4 rows of their liners installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wintermute92

Latest posts