Sluggish when acceleration warm weather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe premier. During summer months the car is sluggish during normal acceleration. Almost like a jerking motion. Real noticeable when cruise is on. When I turn off AC it is a lot better. Almost non existent during cruise control. Low speed acceleration style hesitates slightly. Winter time I have not really noticed it. Took in last summer and mechanic said could feel what I was talking about but of course the computer does not show any issues. Any ideas before I take it back in?

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a tank of premium 91/93 and report back

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe premier. During summer months the car is sluggish during normal acceleration. Almost like a jerking motion. Real noticeable when cruise is on. When I turn off AC it is a lot better. Almost non existent during cruise control. Low speed acceleration style hesitates slightly. Winter time I have not really noticed it. Took in last summer and mechanic said could feel what I was talking about but of course the computer does not show any issues. Any ideas before I take it back in?
I agree on this. Also mileage with the A/C on is absolutely atrocious. I run non-oxy 91 in mine since I don't do much driving and it's a noticeable difference when the A/C is on.

OP
OP
Hondogreif

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a update. Dealership had vehicle to run tests while driving. They say that they will be replacing the valve body in the transmission. Hopefully they have diagnosed it properly and will solve the issue. Curious if others have had the same work done and if it solved their problems.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good choice to have the Dealer look at it. A Dealer sees all sorts of things specific to your vehicle. Even good mechanics at independent shops sometimes spend a lot of time searching, while the mechanics at the Dealers have already seen it and dealt with it, especially with a new vehicle.

roggss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this issue, will be seeing the dealer this Wednesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt