Slow cranking due to battery cable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, battery capacity could have something to do with it. Mine lists 730 CCA. Do you have a link to the CCA requirements page you found? I wasn't finding much with some searches. But I think in my case it was the negative cable. Replacement seems to have solved my issue. I put together a before and after video of it starting cold, 24 hours or more sitting both times. Second time ambient temp was considerably colder than first time and it still cranks noticeably faster.

To be clear. After watching the video, was the problem a connection of the cable or the resistance created by the condition of the cable?

OP
OP
DaveO9

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear. After watching the video, was the problem a connection of the cable or the resistance created by the condition of the cable?
I'm pretty convinced it was the cable to batt terminal connection that I showed at the end of the video. Many broken strands that weren't making contact at all, and the terminal used a set screw to hold secure, instead of strong crimp. The engine block terminal end looked totally fine, and no visible damage to any intermediate part of the cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe