Slight lift needed on 2001 Yukon XL 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dacarter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We've had this truck since 2002 and it's still going strong with only 147k on it. I've decided to keep it longer so I'm doing some fixes and upgrades. One of the first upgrades was 4 new shocks, including the expensive Delco self-contained(no air compressor) auto leveling rear shocks at almost 400 each (I tow some heavy trailers)

I put new 18" wheels and tires on, and I'd like to lift it a couple of inches to improve the look of it and give a bit more ground clearance. I've read about adjusting the keys in the front, and that might work. I want to keep the new shocks of course, so I'm not sure if I need new spacer brackets for them or not. There are springs in the rear, so I'm not sure how to lift the rear and if shock spacers will be needed there as well. There don't seem to be many kits out there that are right for my situation.

Thanks for any advice.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple key and spacer lift will do the trick. Shock extenders come with most kits so you can use your stock shocks. Here is my '05 yukon with EBay leveling keys and 1.5" coil spring spacers with 275/60/20

IMG_1420.JPG

OP
OP
D

dacarter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, looks good. Those are the same style wheels I bought, like new wheels and tires, take offs from a 2017 truck for $999, can't beat it.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firmed it up a bit, but personally I think it rides better than stock.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the front yes. Rear was perfectly fine without. I've since swapped out the stock shocks and extenders for extended length Bilstine 5100's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan