Siren speaker/grill light wiring 2014 ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jshelton79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening. Our police department just bought two 2014 chevy tahoes from State of Texas surplus and not to my surprise, they gut them clean out. Question, does anyone know where the wiring is located for the grill lights and siren speaker? I was able to find the wires in the interior that are for the radio rebroadcast and the horn ring.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have to pull the front end and search for the wires, they could have cut them or moved them behind something while removing equipment.
might want to look into a Tone generator to find the wires. not saying to buy the one posted but find something close to item listed make sure to unplug the battey before using this tool.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/458/2013 Municipal Guide.pdf
Read up on page 76 - 130 - shows all wiring the possible location of connectors.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it really depends who did the decommissioning. Both of mine are ex DPS. One had nearly all the additional PPV wiring cut out, the other had it all in place with just the lights unplugged and removed.

the upfitter guide is immensely valuable to assist.

OP
OP
J

Jshelton79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes the two tahoes we purchased for the department were ex texas dps. I found the wiring under the dash, but ill look behind the passenger side headlight and see if any of the original wiring is there.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the two tahoes we purchased for the department were ex texas dps. I found the wiring under the dash, but ill look behind the passenger side headlight and see if any of the original wiring is there.
You can unplug the battery and run continuity setting on a multimeter/DVOM and a long wire.

BrooklynGuppy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening. Our police department just bought two 2014 chevy tahoes from State of Texas surplus and not to my surprise, they gut them clean out. Question, does anyone know where the wiring is located for the grill lights and siren speaker? I was able to find the wires in the interior that are for the radio rebroadcast and the horn ring.
Here is the information I found that I am still sorting out. Hope it helps :) It covers All Chevy vehicles from what I can tell... Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu