Simple brake question. >>>cool pic inside to temp you to answer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did was stop by my local Chevy dealer with my VIN and ask for a written quote for Brake rotors front and rear and brake pads front and back. Then left with the quote and cross referenced at local auto parts store.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammit. Your pic bait got me.

Last I heard, the PPV brake components are standard issue Tahoe/Yukon, etc. and it's the pads that are unique. Something about the friction material being anti-squeal (for covertness) and suitable for high-speed braking with good fade resistance.

There, you have an answer. That's gonna cost you pics and deets on that Nova, though.
No Kidding!!!!!!! Nova is my favorite car. You can keep all of the Camaro, Corvettes, Chevelle, Mustang, and anything from MoPar! I am really looking for a Nova as a project to do a LS swap.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the "oem" police pads are just semi-metallic pads, some good premium ceramics will last longer, make no noise, almost zero dust and stop you just as well.

OP
OP

12345Shawn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never understood why people put the same terrible PPV tires back on these, let alone the metallic brake pads and such. Get rid of all that crap, your kidneys/ears/carwash equipment/wallet will thank you. Get tires that are a comfortable ride, get brake pads that are quiet and low dust. Just my salty (yet dustless) $0.02.
I like sporty feel. I dont mind the ride at all.