Are Silverado and Tahoe 4x4 front ends the same

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McLeod Crouch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of Tahoes around my parts with a 7-inch MaxTrac lift kit (which only comes in a Silverado style) for the front. My 4x4 Tahoe has a Rough Country 7.5-inch lift but I like the SHOWOFF chrome front diff drop. The SHOWOFF lift kit for a Tahoe is about 1200 dollars more than the Silverado lift kit. The kit looks like it comes with the same stuff but I'm not totally sure.

Is it possible to opt for the Silverado lift kit and just use the front and just keep the rough country lift in the rear? If so what parts are different and blah blah blah...

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of Tahoes around my parts with a 7-inch MaxTrac lift kit (which only comes in a Silverado style) for the front. My 4x4 Tahoe has a Rough Country 7.5-inch lift but I like the SHOWOFF chrome front diff drop. The SHOWOFF lift kit for a Tahoe is about 1200 dollars more than the Silverado lift kit. The kit looks like it comes with the same stuff but I'm not totally sure.

Is it possible to opt for the Silverado lift kit and just use the front and just keep the rough country lift in the rear? If so what parts are different and blah blah blah...
As far as I can tell yes only difference is the lower control arms other then that my 07 Tahoe’s suspension is identical to my 07 Silverado’s I’ve interchanged parts off them multiple times

Attachments

• 338C9A5F-C57E-439F-A704-0381030E5CE4.jpeg
    338C9A5F-C57E-439F-A704-0381030E5CE4.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 16EDB218-FC7A-4467-A6FD-576A7C6B7B99.jpeg
    16EDB218-FC7A-4467-A6FD-576A7C6B7B99.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 5

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Every time I pull up an Avy, Burb or Tahoe the only option is a strut spacer for a lift. They are physically the same underneath though up front save for the heavier springs on the 4x4 pickups. I think the longer strut is better for ride quality than the strut spacer.

Ours has a Zone 6.5 lift and you can barely see underneath from the front. I think a body lift would remedy that if you want to show off the underside more.

87chels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are the same we have a silverado lift kit in the front our burb.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Actually can get parts up to a 2020 I believe
Lift came off a 19-20 Chevy silverado
Shocks came off a newer gmc at4
Fit like a glove
A1D2675E-73BF-4030-A18A-1ADAEBF5D58E.jpeg

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Can I get more info on your setup?
I got a 6” fabtech lift that came off a 2020 Chevy Silverado for 200$
Kit came with the fabtech uniball control arms
Sold the differential the guy gave me with the lift for 425$ on eBay and doubled my money.

I was worried since Silverados has the steel lca that my aluminum arms wouldn’t fit but they bolted up no issues!

I used that 425$ to buy a used set of icon coil overs off “Let go”

Coil overs came off a 2020 gmc at4 they were rated for 3.5” of lift but since the at4s come 2” higher from the factory they actually lifted mine around 5-5.5”

I couldn’t run them without the crossmember drops and spindles from the lift because my angles were terrible.

Now to clear the 15.50” wide tires I threw a leveling kit on it and cranked the coil over down for a smoother ride.
So the coil over is set at around 5” now
With a 2” lower and 1” upper leveling kit puts me around 8” of lift

Overall I only got around 200$ or so in the whole lift the real money I got in the suspension was when I upgraded to kryptonite ball joints and wheel bearings
I also used dirt king fab locking alignment cams when I did the alignment and they have held up fantastic for about 2 years now!
Ride is night and day over stock and in a good way!
I would drive this thing 70-80mph over train tracks and bumps driving with my knee cap and it just handles great. I still need sway bars and links next but I’m real happy with how it drives so it isn’t on the top to do list.

Long story short be looking for that deal of a lifetime And you can have you a 3000$+ setup for little to nothing

I got 500$ in my rear lift setup consisting of 6” RC springs and a sphoon adjustable panhard bar and longer jeep JK sway bar links