Silverado hood on a Denali - not a HD conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to find out if a Silverado hood could be modified to fit on my Denali.

I have been wanting to do something different with my '06 Denali. I'm big into Oldsmobiles and have '70 Rallye 350 with the Outside Air Induction hood. I have been tinkering with the idea of doing something like that to the Denali. They make a hood like that for the '99 but nothing like it for the '06. However, they do make something like it for the '03 - '05 Silverados. I have read the conversion stuff for the HD hoods and the posts on swapping the whole front clips so obviously some of these parts interchange.

Does anybody know if the '03-'05 Silverado style hood lines up with the '06 Yukon fenders and if the hood is a similar length? I realize the front would need modification but that doesn't scare me off. I would think the width and length would be similar but have no idea about the contour and fender fit. Probably a long shot that someone tried this and would know.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 03-06/07 classic front end (Cat eyes) requires you to swap the fenders, grill, hood, headlights.. The cat eye hood won't line up with the fenders on any other NBS front end. The only real option you have without swapping the entire front end is to put the Silverado hood, (you would probably want the 99-02 HD hood) and then cut away the part of the hood (front corners) where the Denali headlights are. You can find videos of it.