Silly question about hauling gym equipment in the interior of my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC 707

Reaction score
Morning everyone. First time owning a Tahoe and I need to pick up about 2000lbs of gym equipment and haul it back home (1 hour trip). I will be placing everything inside the cargo area in back with all seats folded down.

Anything I need to do to prepare? Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone. First time owning a Tahoe and I need to pick up about 2000lbs of gym equipment and haul it back home (1 hour trip). I will be placing everything inside the cargo area in back with all seats folded down.

Anything I need to do to prepare? Thanks!

Get all the heaviest stuff in front of the rear axle if possible so she won't point her headlights into the sky.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Spread the wealth. If you have auto leveling turn the key on as you load and strap down or box in what you can. Don’t need 100 lbs sliding toward you bc of a quick stop.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheet of plywood first to spread out the load might be to much weight for the seats that’s like 400 pounds per seat if a 7 passenger vehicle me personally would rent a trailer find something one way u-haul something like that

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should have metal tie downs on the rear floor tie the load down so it doesn't slide and take out a window in case of having to emergency stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish