Shudder from a stop to a slow start, then foot off gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve found two use cases for me; first in the rain or snow when traction is intermittent and I want to be able to use the go pedal more aggressively without Stabilitrak getting in my way. Secondly it’s nice on technical trails when negotiating a tight turn on a switchback. All the traction with none of the binding.

Generally I share your views, I like to manually control as much as possible. I’d take a shift lever on the floor if it was offered. With a side order of gear driven center differential please.
It is funny. We wanted to get up to one of our favorite trails this afternoon as we had had some fresh snow and knew we would have some time to try out our new snow shoes. We also wanted to try out the Mushers treatment for the dogs feet (worked great).

The trip up meant about 5 miles of driving in some of the slickest clay based ooz I have ever seen, on a pretty steep dirt road and then the last mile of icy hard pan before getting to the trail head. I did a fair amount of slipping and sliding, but only noticed I had forgotten to take it out of 2WD when we got to the trail head and parked. So much for wanting to know what drive mode I am in…. :)

Freaking truck was covered in mud when we got home. It took me an hour to hose off the baby shit brown slurry covering the whole bottom half all the way up to the windows.

Some fun.

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon is at the dealer for service now. I took the shop foreman for a ride and he immediately said it’s due to a bulletin about the transfer case fluid needing replacement. We made it less than 50 yards in the parking lot when he exclaimed that. I’ll report back with the actual documented details on the repair paperwork.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon is at the dealer for service now. I took the shop foreman for a ride and he immediately said it’s due to a bulletin about the transfer case fluid needing replacement. We made it less than 50 yards in the parking lot when he exclaimed that. I’ll report back with the actual documented details on the repair paperwork.
Transfer case fluid needing replacement, that is a new one on me, surprising.

Good luck, it should take them about 30 minutes to replace the transfer case fluid.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is funny. We wanted to get up to one of our favorite trails this afternoon as we had had some fresh snow and knew we would have some time to try out our new snow shoes. We also wanted to try out the Mushers treatment for the dogs feet (worked great).

The trip up meant about 5 miles of driving in some of the slickest clay based ooz I have ever seen, on a pretty steep dirt road and then the last mile of icy hard pan before getting to the trail head. I did a fair amount of slipping and sliding, but only noticed I had forgotten to take it out of 2WD when we got to the trail head and parked. So much for wanting to know what drive mode I am in…. :)

Freaking truck was covered in mud when we got home. It took me an hour to hose off the baby shit brown slurry covering the whole bottom half all the way up to the windows.

Some fun.
mud flaps will stop about 80% of that, the nbs never had that problem it would go right behind the wheels only, then since the nnbs it goes halfway up the body front to back and usually up to the mirrors in front. My Silverado does the same thing but only because the tires stick out about an inch I need some smaller fender guards on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu