Show off your 2015+ leveled Tahoes and Yukons!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REF0603

Reaction score
did you have to replace upper control arms for 3.5in? did you just use a strut spacer?

Its just a strut spacer. the whole kit was only 150. I will probably invest in new control arms later on, but my angles arent terrible and the ride is smooth.

REF0603

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding the Rough Country 3.5in coilover with upper control arms and deleting Mag ride in the front. Leaving the air shocks in the back with 1.5in coil spacer so I can level the back to match front.
just be careful, the air shocks in the back can cause issues. had one come in the other day with that installed and it wouldnt ride right. You probably know better than the people who brought their yukon in though.

STX30MAC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just be careful, the air shocks in the back can cause issues. had one come in the other day with that installed and it wouldnt ride right. You probably know better than the people who brought their yukon in though.
Worst case I will just delete the air ride as well and get regular rear shocks.

REF0603

Reaction score
Worst case I will just delete the air ride as well and get regular rear shocks.
if you're going to get new shocks anyways, I'd invest in shocks that accommodate the 1.5" lift in the rear. After I put the 2" in the rear, I can tell it needs a longer shock. I know rough country sells one that is for 0-2.5" of lift.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're going to get new shocks anyways, I'd invest in shocks that accommodate the 1.5" lift in the rear. After I put the 2" in the rear, I can tell it needs a longer shock. I know rough country sells one that is for 0-2.5" of lift.

Rear shocks I looked @:
Purchased: Bilstein B8 5100 (0-1" lift)
Fox 2.0 (0-2" lift)
Freedom Off Road (0-3" lift) - I have their UCA's installed currently (2-4" lift)
BDS Suspension / NX2 Shock (0-3" lift) AND (6" lift)
Rough Country / N3 Shock (0-2.5" lift) AND (3-4.5" lift) AND (5-6" lift)
Rough Country / V2 high performance shock (3-4.5" lift) AND (5-6.5" lift)

I'm sure there are more options out there...
My Bilsteins ride great, but I only have a 1" rear coil spacer.
I think the RC V2 high performance might be worth a look for your 3.5/2 setup...not cheap though

REF0603

Reaction score
Rear shocks I looked @:
Purchased: Bilstein B8 5100 (0-1" lift)
Fox 2.0 (0-2" lift)
Freedom Off Road (0-3" lift) - I have their UCA's installed currently (2-4" lift)
BDS Suspension / NX2 Shock (0-3" lift) AND (6" lift)
Rough Country / N3 Shock (0-2.5" lift) AND (3-4.5" lift) AND (5-6" lift)
Rough Country / V2 high performance shock (3-4.5" lift) AND (5-6.5" lift)

I'm sure there are more options out there...
My Bilsteins ride great, but I only have a 1" rear coil spacer.
I think the RC V2 high performance might be worth a look for your 3.5/2 setup...not cheap though
Ive been trying to figure out if i get the 0-2.5 or if I can get the 3-4.5. I know I only have 2 in the rear but Im worried the 0-2.5 still wouldnt have enough travel. Alos, how do you like the Freedom UCAs?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been trying to figure out if i get the 0-2.5 or if I can get the 3-4.5. I know I only have 2 in the rear but Im worried the 0-2.5 still wouldnt have enough travel. Alos, how do you like the Freedom UCAs?

I would suggest calling the companies and speaking to their tech dept's regarding the travel and your +2" rear.
I had great customer service/tech experiences both with Freedom Off Road and Fox.
BDS Suspension has also answered questions when I have called, but those ?s of course were focused on MRC delete and their kits. Of ALL the companies I have tried to speak with, I would say, hands down, Rough Country took the least interest & time to help me. As such, I went with the Freedom UCAs.

The Freedom Off Road UCA's are doing fine so far - only about 750 miles so far. When speaking with their tech he told me I may or may not experience rub of the inner tire on the UCA. When installed, there was no rub, but after my alignment I am rubbing at full lock. I have 275/60r20 NITTO Ridge Grapplers, so there is blocking on the inner tire wall that isn't necessarily on many other tire choices. The UCA's arrived very quickly (purchased directly) and look to have solid welding. The tubular construction is solid and certainly heftier than GM stock UCA. For a bit more cash Freedom Off Road also offers a Uniball UCA; however, as I live in Maine I thought that was just asking for problems. Instead, I went with the replaceable and greaseable ball joint option.

FYI - Chevy quoted me $850 to replace left upper UCA and right lower ball joint. Previous lower left ball joint cost me $215 at the dealership - that means the upper UCA was basically around $650-$700 installed. I bought the new UCA's, replaced both lower ball joints with Moogs and paid all of $625, installed.
T

UCA Freedom Off Road pic 1.jpg

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Custom length shocks call filthy motorsports.

Got my Kings from there and very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts