Show off your 2015-2020 lowered tahoes and yukons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad32486

Reaction score
I thought for weeks about how much to lower my 'hoe. I live in Minnesota where winters bring lots of snow. Also with trips to the cabin and the occasional treks down forest roads there, I wanted to lower but lot lose the functionality of this kind of truck, I mean the front air dam is low enough at stock height. My desire would have been a 2/4 drop using drop spindles up front and coils in the rear. The beauty of this truck is that it doesn't have air-assist shocks, so the lower process was super simple. I decided to just drop the rear to level it out. I bought 2" springs from Crown Suspension and had them in within an hour. The running boards are now parallel with the street and realized the roof line almost seems it's designed to be parallel at stock height. Now with things leveled, there is almost a slight downward slope to the roof line that I really like. I'm really happy with only dropping the rear for now. Some day maybe I'll do more but this keeps me very happy for now!

Tahoe 1 (3).jpeg Tahoe 2 (2).jpeg Tahoe 5 (2).jpeg

Ironworkerjoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 LT 2wd running 3" DJM UCA/LCA combo & Tony's Belltech 3.5/4.5 rear. This pic has Thick Isolator installed AND a 1" spacer on axle. Currently, the Thick Isolator is pulled, heater hose installed on upper end & 1" spacer on axle. I know it's a crazy combo in rear but I was trying some different things & that's where it landed - slightly lower in rear than this pic. I had to add the 1" spacer cuz my wife thot the spring only made the rear sit too low.
View attachment 191984
View attachment 191985
Are you running springs in the front or spindles? Do the control arms lower the truck any?

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what’s up guys, does anyone have an idea of how much psi should I put in my tires? I’m on 295/30/26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ i run on 22s & for daily driving, i usually run @ 31-33 cold. that puts me @ 35-37 w/ tires warmed up.

from prior post
i typically use playing card, temp or chalk trick to figure out what works best to start.
(as of late, i like temp & card tricks, best)

1) temp -
take temp on tires cold...inside/outside edge & middle for all 4 tires. then go for a 10-15 mile drive on highway. back home on a flat surface, check temps again. if the center of the tread is cooler than the outer sides...the tire is under inflated. if the center is warmer than the sides...then you are overinflated. if the outer tread is warmer than the inner or vice versa you have a possible alignment or carter/camber issue.

2) playing card -
on warm tires, inflate w/ air until you can slip a playing card under tire to edge of 1st lug. then slowly deflate tire until card drags on removal (if you cant remove card, you deflated too much)

3) chalk method is tedious for sure.
[concrete is actually the best choice, but you can also do this on asphalt.]
on warm tires, color a section of your tire with chalk to see how much tread is making contact with the ground. on a flat road surface. make a mark with soft chalk that goes all the way across your tread. then, gradually drive your vehicle forward about 50-60 feet and then backwards to starting point. (50-60 feet)

check out the chalk on the tire. if the chalk is only worn off on the center of the tire, reduce the tire pressure slightly and go through the process again. with the adjustment, you should see the chalk wear off more completely. keep making tiny adjustments in the tire pressure until the chalk wears off evenly and all the way across the tread. reapply chalk as needed for testing. you must complete this process for each of your tires.

EZ Money

Reaction score
Hey what’s up guys, does anyone have an idea of how much psi should I put in my tires? I’m on 295/30/26

The tire will tell you how much PSI to run. I like to use that as a guide. On my Tahoe we are running a 305/35/24. We are running 45 psi. On my Sierra I am running a 305/55/20 and am set at about 50psi.
I know the ride is usually a little stiffer, but I have had some real good "luck" with tires lasting longer. I got 97K out of my last set of tires on my Sierra.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ What calipers do you have? To date, I've had 3 sets stripped, re-coated, lettering, and clear coated via powder coat process. Much easier to clean and maintain. Plus they keep that fresh look and no more fading. Win / win.

The red caliper install on the CC is on hold pending the time needed to get everything changed out and installed.

The charcoal calipers have been on my 02 for just over 5 months since I had them re-done and they are still holding up perfectly and re simple to just wipe off clean while keeping that glossy finished look.

I think I made an entry about this process in the brake section some months ago.

I have a set of charcoal caliper on standby for the Escalae as well. Those too are on hold awaiting a block of available time to get them switched out.

View attachment 242357 View attachment 242358
Hey what’s up staggered, how’s everything going? Just wanted to reach out and show you what’s I’ve done so far. I lowered her 3”in front and 4” in rear. Got a deal on some 26’s forgiatos . Gonna put them on soon but I need to get a wilwood brake kit. 619cf894f4ea5c0623fdb4700a278ced.png
4cfb9ff98a21a4a6d86638304b3ab0e3.jpg
f211d27f1f5742b39d0fd3625b066ef6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B