Show off your 2015-2020 lowered tahoes and yukons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first time post but was able to get a bunch of good ideas from this site so thought I would share pics of my 2016 Suburban LT 4x4. I lowered the rear 2" with the Norcal SS kit (front is stock) and added 22" Dub Shot Calla wheels and Yokohama Parada Spec-X 285/45 r22 tires. Also tinted the front windows and added black chevy bow ties.

The rear still has approximately 1/4 rake after it settled.

Brian

View attachment 230747 View attachment 230748 View attachment 230749

Norcal SS sold me some Belltech to lower the rear of my suburban and it sat slightly lower in the back than front, what are your measurements front and back, and what model number of springs did you get?
thanks!

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Norcal SS sold me some Belltech to lower the rear of my suburban and it sat slightly lower in the back than front, what are your measurements front and back, and what model number of springs did you get?
thanks!

Play with your sensor rods, a small adjustment can raise or lower the rear by inches very easy. Instructions said about 3" from socket to socket but I found I needed a little less.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Play with your sensor rods, a small adjustment can raise or lower the rear by inches very easy. Instructions said about 3" from socket to socket but I found I needed a little less.

I second this. I had a similar issue as you did when I first installed my lowering kit and adjusted my rear sensor rods and it ended up leveling out all 4 corners. It’s hard to get it perfect with these GM Trucks but mine is within <1/8” from passenger to driver side and I’m happy with it. It doesn’t take much adjustment either; For every 1/8" change in sensor rod length you’ll change the ride height by 3/4".

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ nice

i need to get action shot of mine, as i want to see what the brakes look like while rolling ;)

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gat0r. Yeah the brakes pop real nice. I'm getting ready to update / refresh the Wilwoods on the Silverado. The Escalade will be next in line for refresh. I like the Wilwood product very much. What I dont like is the fact that the lettering stains and fades almost too easily.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my calipers were engraved, so i color filled them.
& at 15" they fill up the 22s... pretty well
i do know they get plenty of air for cooling ;)

kinda want to know how 20s would look (super full), lol

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ What calipers do you have? To date, I've had 3 sets stripped, re-coated, lettering, and clear coated via powder coat process. Much easier to clean and maintain. Plus they keep that fresh look and no more fading. Win / win.

The red caliper install on the CC is on hold pending the time needed to get everything changed out and installed.

The charcoal calipers have been on my 02 for just over 5 months since I had them re-done and they are still holding up perfectly and re simple to just wipe off clean while keeping that glossy finished look.

I think I made an entry about this process in the brake section some months ago.

I have a set of charcoal caliper on standby for the Escalae as well. Those too are on hold awaiting a block of available time to get them switched out.

CC Wilwood Complete.jpg 20190423_205614.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum