Show off your 2015-2020 lowered tahoes and yukons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he used a shorter spring but kept stock "shock" compressing it more and putting more weight in the "shock"

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he used a shorter spring but kept stock "shock" compressing it more and putting more weight in the "shock"

The dampening (ride) of the shock will not change throughout it’s travel. Weather it be at oem ride height or shorter or longer. If he is experiencing a better ride with that setup, it would be from the different coils.

Last edited:

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he bent and/or made new ride height sensors in the rear it would in turn lower it. The new height sensor would keep the vehicle from reaching the factory set height. We did this on my dads 2007 Escalade until he went with a full kit. Although i don’t see it being a full 3” “drop”, maybe 2 at the most. It is tho a cheap easy way to level a vehicle with autoride out

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he bent and/or made new ride height sensors in the rear it would in turn lower it. The new height sensor would keep the vehicle from reaching the factory set height. We did this on my dads 2007 Escalade until he went with a full kit. Although i don’t see it being a full 3” “drop”, maybe 2 at the most. It is tho a cheap easy way to level a vehicle with autoride out

So your saying that GM designed the system to be riding on the air shocks at all times, even without a load? For some reason I highly doubt that... even though they stupid shit sometimes.

What would the non-air shock vehicles get then, different springs?

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the instructions that this person performed to gain comfort

"I ordered 3" lowering springs, I really didn't need to lower it 3 inches but I also knew the shock would take some of the load so if it went down 2 1/2 inches, it would be level anyway. These kits often come with lowering shackles for the shocks....I did NOT get them because I wanted the shocks to take some of the weight....If I would have lowered the shocks, it would have lowered the full 3 inches. Remember the Auto-Leveling system would compensate for any lowering of the rear by inflating the shocks with more air....So, to counter-act this, I made a bracket from flat metal and bolted it to the existing bracket; then I drilled a hole 1" lower than the original, thereby lowering the rear Magride sensor 1" (THIS WORKED) This is the outcome: It lowered the rear 1 3/4 inches and it placed more weight on the shocks, it rides incredibly smooth in the rear. I was almost thinking about using 1" lowering springs on the front with a one inch lift kit just to get rid of the factory springs (haven't done this yet)."

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the instructions that this person performed to gain comfort

"I ordered 3" lowering springs, I really didn't need to lower it 3 inches but I also knew the shock would take some of the load so if it went down 2 1/2 inches, it would be level anyway. These kits often come with lowering shackles for the shocks....I did NOT get them because I wanted the shocks to take some of the weight....If I would have lowered the shocks, it would have lowered the full 3 inches. Remember the Auto-Leveling system would compensate for any lowering of the rear by inflating the shocks with more air....So, to counter-act this, I made a bracket from flat metal and bolted it to the existing bracket; then I drilled a hole 1" lower than the original, thereby lowering the rear Magride sensor 1" (THIS WORKED) This is the outcome: It lowered the rear 1 3/4 inches and it placed more weight on the shocks, it rides incredibly smooth in the rear. I was almost thinking about using 1" lowering springs on the front with a one inch lift kit just to get rid of the factory springs (haven't done this yet)."

So in overview, he lowered the rear 3”, but then lifted it back up a bit by having the air shocks pumped up at all times. Hmmm, that would see to make it ride harsh, especially since there is no added load out back.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
olyelr, i am not following. You say it was raised a bit by the aid shocks pumped up, but if you modified the sensor pin to think it was at level height but was not at full capacity then wouldn't that give some decreased stiffness?

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
norcal_ss, 2/3-4.5 kit
Stock upper and lower isolators in the rear springs, no spacers, and the endlinks were cut a total of 1/4" (1/8th from each side). My links are 2-11/16" from center to center of cups.
24x10 w/ 305/35/24

59128ac35619c82edd0a4f75e10c308c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
olyelr, i am not following. You say it was raised a bit by the aid shocks pumped up, but if you modified the sensor pin to think it was at level height but was not at full capacity then wouldn't that give some decreased stiffness?

I think I get what you are saying, that the springs essentially have a little weight lifted off of them, possibly aiding in a better ride.

What I am getting at, though, is I would think that driving around all the time with the shocks pumped up with air would result in a poor ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hottyson