Should I start over?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mytos232

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2009 Suburban LT with the factory rear dvd system, it already had an aftermarket head unit in the front dash which I've already replaced with an updated unit. it did not come with the stock headphones or remote for the rear unit, and the rear unit will not power up, nor will the rear speakers work with the front head unit. would it just be easier on myself in the long run to just rip out the stock rear unit and speakers and install an aftermarket 4 channel amp and new speakers?

I'm a bit of an hardware hacker from the old school days and have plans on gutting the dvd system and screen from the stock rear unit and installing a new touch screen and a raspberry pi running Plex or a similar system in the long run and i think that starting over with the rest of the stereo now will just save myself time in the long run than trying to fix the old system.

if there is a quick easy fix for the old system and its a known problem ill use that solution, if not ill just rip it all out and start the rebuild now.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What interface are you using for the aftermarket HU?

Also, this is in the 2015+ section. Either repost it in the '07-'14 section or maybe a mod will move it.

OP
OP
M

mytos232

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
using a scoshe 3000 model at the moment, i wasnt worried about retaining the onstar stuff but im not sure if im missing other hookups i should have.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you already know you're going to be redoing the system anyway, I'd just do it all at once . The less you move them, the less cance of breaking ridiculously overpriced trim pieces .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts