Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jimr5454

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i meant low octaine .bad fuel...
Were you able to listen to the video ? Does it sound like low octaine nock? I understand its a gueese but since I have never heard the sound of a low octaine problem I dont really know.
If it didn't like everything about this truck I would of walked away but I probably will walk away since I am unsure of this sound and all I do know is it shouldn't be making any noise when tapping the peddle ..uuuhhhhgggg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At this point I would walk away because even if the noise leaves, whether from higher octane fuel or a repair, you will not trust it. It is of course your call.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ve already stated it’s a CPO vehicle so we’ll assume it’s at a Chevrolet/GMC dealership.

That being said; You’re saying that the selling dealer is hanging their hat on the reason for the suspect noise/issue is “low octane fuel”?

The manufacturer clearly recommends premium fuel for the L86 6.2L. So this GMC/Chevrolet dealer has a CPO vehicle and they have made the decision to not follow the manufacturer’s recommendation that they represent and their core business is based off of? Over what? An extra $15 +/- per full tank fill up?

Two words.... Run away.

OP
OP
jimr5454

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the above is true.it is at a gmc it is certified ..it was below empty for test drive the salesman asked me to stop to get fuel he put it in.not sure he new it was recommended or not.they told me they mulked the few gallons he put in and put high octaine in and ran for approximatly 2 hrs and this morning salesman said sound is gone.uuhhgg I'm feeling stupid now...its really nice but you may be right

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of the above is true.it is at a gmc it is certified ..it was below empty for test drive the salesman asked me to stop to get fuel he put it in.not sure he new it was recommended or not.they told me they mulked the few gallons he put in and put high octaine in and ran for approximatly 2 hrs and this morning salesman said sound is gone.uuhhgg I'm feeling stupid now...its really nice but you may be right
Please remember, walking away costs you nothing. Being overly optimistic and having wishful thinking can be very costly.

When you first posted, I was in support of you buying this vehicle, but the more you have shared, the more I think you need to walk away. Make sure to tell the dealer all the reasons you are walking away and then just walk away and don’t listen to them try and sweet talk you into buying it still.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You should have walked away by now like the other smart members said. If you buy it you deserve the issues you get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low