Should have listened to Tony...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my '15 two weeks ago, and spoke with Tony (NorcalSS) via text regarding a leveling kit. He recommended the Belltech setup...5321 I believe. My wife surprised me with a McGaughys 2" leveling kit so today I had the chance to install it...it's more like a 4" drop kit...rear measured out at 34" to wheel well...far from level. Thankfully I had a 1" spacer laying around which I threw in to make it somewhat livable as my time using the lift at the shop was up. Needless to say I just had Tony order me the kit he recommended first. Lesson learned. I emailed McGaughys, but don't expect a whole lot....everything had been installed before I realized how stinking low it was. This is Mcgaughys "leveling" kit WITH a 1" spacer thrown in

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e103/rockittboy/IMG_9160.jpg
IMG_9160.jpg

Last edited:

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got that Cali lean. 2nd with Lee, just drop the front a lil

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little bouncier that stock...almost like it needs more shock dampening. I thought about the front but it still goes camping etc. I don't want it completely useless in 4x4.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

We'll see what Monday's email reply says...not holding my breath.

OP
OP
B

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I had ordered the 1" spacer off eBay just in case things ended up just under level...but this is way under level. Tony said just to get a 2" or 2.5" spacer but for the $200 or so a Belltech kit will cost I'd just feel better doing that. Thankfully this kit was only $117 shipped and while it sucks, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it. I'll just post it up for sale here.

OP
OP
B

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Tom from McGaughys this morning. He was more than apologetic but confirmed this is the right coil. I'm going to ship them back to him I believe so he can check them out...it's possible a 4" drop coil was mislabeled. It seems to be a freak incident as many people have used this kit with no problems. Things happen and I don't want to bad mouth McGuaghys simple because of a possible mix up, like a said they said they will take the whole setup back even though I installed it. I'll update when I/we figure anything out. In the meantime, I ordered some Belltechs from Tony.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All good man. Should ship out tomm afternoon to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts