Shopping Now - What Would You Buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the used prices on 2500 Suburbans/Yukons ?

Its stupid high.......

Asia Motors wants 27k for a 2011 with 70k miles ?????? And it has VINYL FLOORS, etc....

Low mileage ones do tend to get a bit silly. I saw one with 46k miles about a year ago listed for $34k.

They're unicorns. I'm terrified at the thought of replacing mine. Found a nicely-optioned one in Oregon with 98k miles, 2011, $25,000.

- Low production numbers - in 2008 they made 5,687.
- Production ended in 2013. Extrapolate that yearly total for 6 years and you don't even have 35,000 total built.
- They are highly desired/coveted by the RV community

Demand + limited/dwindling supply = high price

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low mileage ones do tend to get a bit silly. I saw one with 46k miles about a year ago listed for $34k.

They're unicorns. I'm terrified at the thought of replacing mine. Found a nicely-optioned one in Oregon with 98k miles, 2011, $25,000.

- Low production numbers - in 2008 they made 5,687.
- Production ended in 2013. Extrapolate that yearly total for 6 years and you don't even have 35,000 total built.
- They are highly desired/coveted by the RV community

Demand + limited/dwindling supply = high price

Makes me feel better about my Denali. I paid 17.5 and 134k on it but it drove GREAT. Every 2500 I looked at was a RUSTY POS......I was concerned the Denali would be overtaxed towing my 35 Donzi but it handled it better than I could imagine...albeit a SHORT tow....

skipp65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with others on test driving different ones. I have an 03 2500 8.1 suburban and a 04 Denali xl. I wanted to upgrade so I found a totally rust free garage kept 14 Escalade platinum. High miles for the year =140, but I got it for 15. After driving it a month I’ve come to the conclusion that if it wouldn’t have been a good deal, I’d be a little disappointed. Climbing in the suburban or the Denali is like sittin in the recliner after work, I struggle getting comfortable in the cad and it doesn’t handle as well either. I do like all the features and options tho. I’m not sure what the 2015 up is like but I’m not looking anymore. Good luck with your search.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of off topic, but I notice whenever we buy a new GM vehicle the newer model has less comfortable seats. Last Terrain had cement blocks, new Tahoe has some better than those but still just not very comfortable. Our old S10 Blazer (2001) had really nice seats, sure miss those.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of off topic, but I notice whenever we buy a new GM vehicle the newer model has less comfortable seats. Last Terrain had cement blocks, new Tahoe has some better than those but still just not very comfortable. Our old S10 Blazer (2001) had really nice seats, sure miss those.
I think part of the reason is the introduction of heated and cooled seats. They have had to change the formulation of the foam to handle the heat and maintain the airflow paths as well as protect the heating elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan