Shocking discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the pic it looks like the right side bolt in the pic is put in from the top but the left side bolts come in from the bottom. Why? I can understand that if the bolt head is completely exposed, when installed, on the right side that it can come from the top but from the bottom on the left because it would not be exposed. Plus, I don't see a "shock" mount anywhere in the pic. Am I missing something?
Just from looking under mine i can tell you that just the front ones by the radiator bolt from the top

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just from looking under mine i can tell you that just the front ones by the radiator bolt from the top

That makes more sense to me. They are exposed from the top. The others would, IMO, come in from the bottom into a captured nut.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like a previous owner had nerf bars that he removed but did not put the bolts back in, or maybe the bars were stolen and nobody thought to crawl under to see if the thief was courteous enough to put the bolts back in :)

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I gotta ask. What is "rack" crawling? I have rock crawled at Moab and Tilamook forest in Oregon but rack crawling sounds like something you do after drinking a bit and the music is turned up loud at home.

Rack Crawling is when you have to get something off the top shelf at Costco and there isn’t a ladder available

LMC Truck, in Lenexa, Ks. The last shop I ran before I moved to Oregon was in Lenexa, Ks. Their warehouse was convenient. They had a small satellite warehouse in Riverside, Mo. as well. Great place for parts.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like a previous owner had nerf bars that he removed but did not put the bolts back in, or maybe the bars were stolen and nobody thought to crawl under to see if the thief was courteous enough to put the bolts back in :)
Thats exactly what i think happened. Only reasonable explanation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345