Shock sensor and inclination sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had any experience with these two sensors. I just ordered them from gmpd and called the dealership for an install price. They said 230. Sound fair?

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parts just arrived. Check on the general forum for my tilt sensor thread. GM's instructions are pretty easy to understand.

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24388

Sumo said it is pretty easy to install. Then he had it programmed by the dealer for $99. So according to your quote it is about $140 to install a harness that looks like it takes 15 min to install. You have to remove the BCM which is in the driver's footwell. Mount the sensor, route the harness, plug it in to the BCM, reinstall BCM. $140 seems high in my opinion.

OP
OP
wheatswake

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i installed shock and tilt sensors and had it programmed. not that impressed. after asking the service manager if the tech that programmed it actually tested it, i found out the answer was no because mine was the first one they have seen and they know nothing about it really. but maybe im doing something wrong or need to adjust something. i set the alarm and have to jump on the rear bumper to set it off. dont know if the shock sensor is picking it up or the tilt sensor. i can bang on my truck everywhere and the shock sensor does not pick it up. any help would be great. if i cant get it working right , im pulling it and getting my money back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne