Shaved Rear Windshield Wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
Anyone have their rear windshield wiper shaved?
I took of the assembly and it looks a lot cleaner but how did you shave it?
Shop? How much was it?

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
Anyone have their rear windshield wiper shaved?
I took of the assembly and it looks a lot cleaner but how did you shave it?
Shop? How much was it?

I had my wiper and glass button done at a shop. They charged me $1000 out the door but that also included removing 4 or 5 dents, touching up any nics or scratches and fix a front bumper bracket that was bent. I don't know the exact price to shave the wiper but I would assume between $350 and $550 depending on the shop. The tailgate is aluminum so the welding to cover the holes is what I believe is so costly. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
PM Atomichoe - He is in the body shop business and could probally give you a much better answer!!

He are the pics of mine A** so you get an idea! :Handshake:

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure looks nice with it shaved, but I kinda like having it. When its raining I have pretty much zero visibility out the back until I turn the wiper on. Just my .02

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my wiper and glass button done at a shop. They charged me $1000 out the door but that also included removing 4 or 5 dents, touching up any nics or scratches and fix a front bumper bracket that was bent. I don't know the exact price to shave the wiper but I would assume between $350 and $550 depending on the shop. The tailgate is aluminum so the welding to cover the holes is what I believe is so costly. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
PM Atomichoe - He is in the body shop business and could probally give you a much better answer!!

He are the pics of mine A** so you get an idea! :Handshake:

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

did you relocate the window button or do you never open it up anymore?

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My glass pushbutton is now my rear view camera hole. Many companys have trunk poping kits that have a small actuator/solenoid that can be wired up for a push button on the dash or whereever. I have my glass set up this way, using a stainless steel wire attached to the releasing lever, around a mini brass pully I machined and then down to the solenoid. A little complicated, I'll post a pictures sometime...

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
lol nnbs has the glass poppwer right above the licence plate. Out of site out of mind. NENERNENER. I would miss my wiper to much but that is a damn nice look.

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
rain? whats rain. hardly rains here in AZ.

there are some rear hatches made of steel. but most are aluminum

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when we re do mine i wanna shave the whole rear.. so just the glass opens.. no wipers, buttons, handles, i wanna keep the taillights but paint them solid to match the truck. so the whole rear is just corner to corner hurt

My dude said the most expensive part is repainting it.. just to give you an idea of cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons