Shaking in new '22 Yukon. Just breaking it in or a real problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NT Automotive

Reaction score
Those continental tires are by far the worst tires I've ever had the misfortune of owning (came on the yukon when new) and I couldn't get them off of there fast enough. Yes they were smooth and quiet but the traction was absolutely atrocious in wet conditions. I'd call them downright dangerous. I live in the PNW where it rains all the time and the yukon was scary at times with these tires equipped. Went to nitto ridge grapplers and will never look back
To each their own. It rains maybe 5 times a year here in the desert (if lucky) so they should work nice for my needs.

Ive only heard how ridge graplers ride hard/rough and wear quickly but if that works for you in rain good deal. Will admit the nitto RG look good too.

OP
OP
ShotGoat

ShotGoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats!! Sounds like an enough easy fix.

So are you still running the LX20's? If so are they 111T rating? Just curious.

We stuck with the LX20 after last set kept up with previous owner for 5yrs no issues here in desert heat severe driving conditions. So far we are happy with how they ride and also ok with em not being top shelf.
The tire itself says it's 115T and some online research confirms the same. They have 70k warranty and I figured that I personally wouldn't notice a difference.

OP
OP
ShotGoat

ShotGoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those continental tires are by far the worst tires I've ever had the misfortune of owning (came on the yukon when new) and I couldn't get them off of there fast enough. Yes they were smooth and quiet but the traction was absolutely atrocious in wet conditions. I'd call them downright dangerous. I live in the PNW where it rains all the time and the yukon was scary at times with these tires equipped. Went to nitto ridge grapplers and will never look back
I just relocated from the Seattle area to Charlotte; I'm almost depressed by how little it rains here, haha! I'll be sure to check how it stops the next time something falls out of the sky.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their own. It rains maybe 5 times a year here in the desert (if lucky) so they should work nice for my needs.

Ive only heard how ridge graplers ride hard/rough and wear quickly but if that works for you in rain good deal. Will admit the nitto RG look good too.
From my experience what you've heard is not correct. They do not ride hard/rough in any way. I've got around 17K miles on them and they are smooth and quiet (not car tire quiet obviously like the lx20s) but for how aggressive they look they are not loud at all. As far as wear goes only time will tell.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just relocated from the Seattle area to Charlotte; I'm almost depressed by how little it rains here, haha! I'll be sure to check how it stops the next time something falls out of the sky.
It wasn’t even so much stopping traction was bad it was how they would hydroplane with any amount of standing water on the roadway. Heavy rains were terrible, Yukon was shimmying all over the road. I thought it was all in my head at first but after changing over to the ridge graps it affirmed just how bad the continentals were in the wet. I’d be real nervous about driving on them in ice or snow.

dcyy

Reaction score
Purchased our ‘22 in December and had vibes at 65+mph. Dealer couldn’t get the vibes out no matter how many times they balanced them, including road force. They got 4 new tires approved by GM and just replaced them last week. Smooth as silk now at any speed. Stay on the dealer. An $80k vehicle should have zero vibes or shake.
Curious what tires came with vehicle. My 22 Denali came with 20" Bridgestones that had a shake at 65+. The 22" wheels I had on constraint finally came in with Alenza"s and I changed them to Michelin LTX and no shake.Tires were the problem.IMG_0410.JPG

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious what tires came with vehicle. My 22 Denali came with 20" Bridgestones that had a shake at 65+. The 22" wheels I had on constraint finally came in with Alenza"s and I changed them to Michelin LTX and no shake.Tires were the problem.View attachment 391379
Those Michelins look excellent on your wheel, and the wheel set up looks great against the red backdrop of the Denali!
I went from Bridgestones to Michelins as well, and could not be happier like you. A year into my first set of defender, LTX tires, and absolutely love them.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t even so much stopping traction was bad it was how they would hydroplane with any amount of standing water on the roadway. Heavy rains were terrible, Yukon was shimmying all over the road. I thought it was all in my head at first but after changing over to the ridge graps it affirmed just how bad the continentals were in the wet. I’d be real nervous about driving on them in ice or snow.
Interesting feedback on the continental tires. I forgot that GM was using the continentals on the 20 inch wheels now with the latest generation of SUVs. I’ve never owned them so I had no idea that they were similar to the Bridgestone tires in that they ride quiet and smooth on the highway, but don’t perform well in wet conditions. At least that’s what my experience with the bridgestones was. Glad it wasn’t all just in my head like you said lol

taylormade73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious what tires came with vehicle. My 22 Denali came with 20" Bridgestones that had a shake at 65+. The 22" wheels I had on constraint finally came in with Alenza"s and I changed them to Michelin LTX and no shake.Tires were the problem.View attachment 391379
Z71, so Goodyear Wrangler Trail Runner AT 275/60R20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins