Shake it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly. Are you gonna try to change it?

No I don't think so. I haven't seen enough videos about how to do it safely and properly. Thinking about having Straub over in Keyport replace them all.

I've had it with this truck. Wish I could find a performance shop who can tear into and finally been done with this.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No I don't think so. I haven't seen enough videos about how to do it safely and properly. Thinking about having Straub over in Keyport replace them all.

I've had it with this truck. Wish I could find a performance shop who can tear into and finally been done with this.
I had a shop do mine. They used to be in Toms River.

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about all this, but you may check your body mounts. Maybe one rotted and is causing uneven vibration distribution around.

I think you may be right. I posted pics and made a video on page 5 with noise heard and shaking at the suspected bushing. I'm sure they all need to be replaced on a 13 year old northeast vehicle.

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where'd you get them and what was the cost?

I thought I was going to only change one at first so I purchased it from Amazon for $48 and the rest from Rockauto for $430 including express shipping. You can save a couple dollars if you choose to a slower shipping time. Doesn't make any sense to just change one since you literally have to loosen every body mount and lift one entire side of the truck in order to change one.

Dorman claims that the 924-040 bushing is only applicable for positions 1 through 4 on my application. After consulting with them directly they can only guess that the upper bushings has a different compression rate and should be fine if I change all of them. I agree since polyurethane kits are all the same compression.

Reason for choosing Dorman over GM bushings is because of price and the fact the GM claims some of the bushings have been discontinued. Well I asked GM Parts Giant if I could just use the other stock bushings in place of the discontinued ones. Their response was useless with no info either way.

I will post after install with results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu