Service Warning: Driver Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RE: 2018 Tahoe Premier: Dash Display Warning: Service: Driver Assist
Driver assist buzzer goes off when I don't expect it to. When it does, instead of going off, "Service Driver Assist" warning is displayed until I "dismiss" it. Went to the dealer, said there was no codes. Told me to come back and they would drive it with a computer plugged in and see what they can see. Seems odd that a "service required" would not show up in memory.
Thanks,
Sam

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the warning set to seat vibration? The left seat haptic motor wire breakage is common in these trucks. Search google and youtube and you will see how to repair it.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the warning set to seat vibration? The left seat haptic motor wire breakage is common in these trucks. Search google and youtube and you will see how to repair it.

I had this happen to mine. Have you noticed when it tries to alert anything it beeps instead of vibrating your seat?

Bagherra

Reaction score
Why can't i find that motor on the GP parts catalog?

EDIT---was looking under ELECTRONICS instead of BODY - Drivers seat components.

found it!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RE: 2018 Tahoe Premier: Dash Display Warning: Service: Driver Assist
Driver assist buzzer goes off when I don't expect it to. When it does, instead of going off, "Service Driver Assist" warning is displayed until I "dismiss" it. Went to the dealer, said there was no codes. Told me to come back and they would drive it with a computer plugged in and see what they can see. Seems odd that a "service required" would not show up in memory.
Thanks,
Sam
I had the same thing happen on mine, except the message was Service Brake Assist and it went out by itself almost immediately. Dealer could not do anything since it is so infrequent.