Service trailer brake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJohn76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the “service trailer brake system “ show up on my DIC. It is on a 2014 Yukon XL Denali. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could check the wiring harness at the module and see if it is clean and not corroded, it SHOULD be under the frame just past the gas tank I forget who found it before I think @swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the “service trailer brake system “ show up on my DIC. It is on a 2014 Yukon XL Denali. Any ideas on how to fix this?

you could check the wiring harness at the module and see if it is clean and not corroded, it SHOULD be under the frame just past the gas tank I forget who found it before I think @swathdiver

Welcome to the forum John. Start with the easy stuff, take the 7-pin connector apart and clean out all the dust and dirt and look for corrosion. If that checks out and the wiring underneath the truck looks good the other usual suspect is the Solid State Relay (SSR). The SSR should be on a bracket in front of your fuel tank. See pictures in this thread:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/where-is-my-solid-state-relay-ssr.113016/

If that doesn't set things right then you really need to get a bi-directional scan tool to see the body and chassis codes. There's 3 electronic parts to the ITBC but it also integrates with the BCM and EBCM. If you post up where you live maybe someone nearby has a Tech-2 that could pull the codes and tell you what's wrong.

PN# for the SSR is in that thread too.

Word of caution, we have seen some guys fry their system because they hooked up an aftermarket controller AND kept the factory setup connected.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You should try to get the code(s). Sometimes the auto parts stores have an advanced scan tool to read chassis and body codes, so it might be worth a few calls to see if they do.

Before I had a good scan tool I was able to go to a local Advance Auto to read the body codes for a friend's airbag light. Saved me a lot of time and searching, and I replaced the clockspring to fix it. The code will let you focus on the specific cause.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2