Service suspension system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I started having Service suspension system on and off on MFD.
2007 Tahoe LT, 150 000 miles, air ride equipped, electronic front shocks.
I can't find any error codes and I do have CAN BUS scanner.
Compressor kicks in every start up, as it should.
Ride is bumpy.
Spraying soapy water onto rear shocks didn't reveal any leaks.
There is water in air lines, I saw that. Rusty water.
Bellows are intact.
It is not consistent message, but most of the times at start up.

Suggestions? Thank you

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that. Makes sense. Any best priced capable scanner recommendation?

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I got C0585, which is rear left actuator circuit malfunction code.
What exactly is that? I, so far, found a spread from bad strut(?) to bad compressor. Compressor starts as it should.
What am I looking at?
Thank you

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
See post #135

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo, it's either bad connector or bad electronics inside the shock? To be honest, I had truck up on the lift and shock extended all the way down, ripping off connector. It really surprised me, why connector wire is so short? I'll check on it. That might be the ticket. Otherwise, shock, though aftermarket, is basically brand new. I, also, have another one, still wrapped in paper.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sooo, it's either bad connector or bad electronics inside the shock? To be honest, I had truck up on the lift and shock extended all the way down, ripping off connector. It really surprised me, why connector wire is so short? I'll check on it. That might be the ticket. Otherwise, shock, though aftermarket, is basically brand new. I, also, have another one, still wrapped in paper.
“Ripping off connector”?

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Shock extended all the way down, bellow had no air in it and plug from compressor came out of the shock connector, as the result. That wire for it is awfully short, it barely reached the plug.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes. Shock extended all the way down, bellow had no air in it and plug from compressor came out of the shock connector, as the result. That wire for it is awfully short, it barely reached the plug.
That electrical plug should be on the top of the shock and not with the suspension. I know on the Arnott shocks if there is no air in the bladders they will slide down the shaft and pull on the air line.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is on the top. I'll shoot picture tomorrow, it's 8 pm here. Plug is connected to wire that goes into the compressor housing area and is hidden in the insulated conduit and it BARELY reaches the connector. I tried to pull wires out more, but not really. Maybe I should release those 2 wires somehow, as they are awfully having no slack to accommodate suspension movements. Right side is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep