"Service Suspension System" DIC message C0660-06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not really sure what to search for to find what I am looking for, if you know, please direct me there.

1) My 2007 Tahoe has been giving the "Service suspension System" message on my DIC.

2) The Tech 2, and it gives me the code C0660 06, which is the "The exhaust valve or the circuits to the valve are shorted to voltage."

3) I am able to jump the relay and fill the shocks with air (and they hold air, no leaks).

4) So far, I have replaced the compressor unit and the relay under the hood.

5) When I send the command to run the compressor I do not hear the solenoid click.

-> Where is the exhaust valve? I thought it would be part of the compressor.

Anyone else have any luck fixing this?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I am not really sure what to search for to find what I am looking for, if you know, please direct me there.

1) My 2007 Tahoe has been giving the "Service suspension System" message on my DIC.

2) The Tech 2, and it gives me the code C0660 06, which is the "The exhaust valve or the circuits to the valve are shorted to voltage."

3) I am able to jump the relay and fill the shocks with air (and they hold air, no leaks).

4) So far, I have replaced the compressor unit and the relay under the hood.

5) When I send the command to run the compressor I do not hear the solenoid click.

-> Where is the exhaust valve? I thought it would be part of the compressor.

Anyone else have any luck fixing this?

The exhaust valve is, indeed, built into the compressor. The white wire in the compressor harness provides power to the exhaust valve.

I would try clearing the code with the Tech2 and see what happens.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:
At this point, I cleared the code, and it immediately pops back on. One thing I remember about the code is it initially would kick on when it was raining or it had been raining for several days, or snowing etc.. then it would clear and everything was fine... Eventually it just stopped working altogether.

I had the truck up in the air, and followed the service instructions for checking the system, if you use a test light between Terminal B and F on the plug and it stays illuminated whether or not it is calling for the pump, that means the Module had gone bad... So I looked at the module, and it was no longer tied down, it was pretty rusted... SO I ordered a new module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos