Service Stability track and traction control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fee? No cost to use your tech-2 unless you need to program modules. You do not even need it as a pass through device, hook it up directly to your truck and scan for codes on the main menu, last option. It will query every module and then at the end display all the codes. Be sure to write down the symptom number as well.
By chance is it the last option in the diagnostic menu cause I couldn't find it in the first menu?

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget what they are called, it's the last option where you can choose the Engine, Body Control, Chassis and the ZZZ options. You want the last one, ZZZ, that I always forget the name to!
It's fine truck went into limp mod the other day when I went and replaced the map sensor it was bad. Got another light and read the code as throttle cable fail. That's what both my Tech 2 and OBD 2 Scanner says. I know it's probably not what's happening with the traction control. But not a big deal already got an appointment setup to bring my truck in and get it repaired. Just kinda sucks that this happened only after about 4 months of ownership.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Avalanche used to throw the TCS and Stabilitrack warning when my brake pads got low. Happened a few times. Those dash lights went berzerk when I had a seized rear caliper.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your brake lights are stuck on at that time it is the brake switch under the dash or in my case after a massive hit by someone that totaled mine that I am still driving it broke a small wire going to the brake switch that I had to find.

Trilla_one

Reaction score
Before I pull the trigger on buying a tech 2 I wanted to ask you guys for some advice on my TC/ST issue. Similar to everyone else I get it intermittently but whenever it's active on the dcm I get hard shifts especially from 1st to 2nd. I know some people experience theirs in conjunction with other lights
such as abs etc. Anyone else ever had my combination let me know

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I pull the trigger on buying a tech 2 I wanted to ask you guys for some advice on my TC/ST issue. Similar to everyone else I get it intermittently but whenever it's active on the dcm I get hard shifts especially from 1st to 2nd. I know some people experience theirs in conjunction with other lights
such as abs etc. Anyone else ever had my combination let me know
The only way to know is to pull the codes from all of the modules and see what you've got going on. My guess is either a bad ground or a bad battery causing intermittent faults to show up, which would show up as a bunch of seemingly random codes getting thrown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17