Service stability light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boogthebandit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all I have a service stability light on my 2005 Tahoe. Does anyone know what it means

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads here with this concern that are up on this forum and so many of them relate to ABS sensor problems with the front wheel bearing hubs. Others will chime in too but that is also easier to diagnose. Has to be checked for play in the bearing that is allowing damage to a wheel speed sensor or wire damage to those sensors. There is just one sensor at the rear if I remember right. Could be other things as I said but this is the most common. Good luck.

Almost forgot to ask, is there any grind/rubbing noise at the front area? Especially if you make a slight turn left or right? Like change lanes only slightly more steering wheel movement, like going from 12 to 2 or 12 to 10.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads here with this concern that are up on this forum and so many of them relate to ABS sensor problems with the front wheel bearing hubs. Others will chime in too but that is also easier to diagnose. Has to be checked for play in the bearing that is allowing damage to a wheel speed sensor or wire damage to those sensors. There is just one sensor at the rear if I remember right. Could be other things as I said but this is the most common. Good luck.

Almost forgot to ask, is there any grind/rubbing noise at the front area? Especially if you make a slight turn left or right? Like change lanes only slightly more steering wheel movement, like going from 12 to 2 .

^^^ THIS and narrow it down by getting the ABS trouble codes with a scanner that reads ABS codes. Not all do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh