Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had done (again today) as mine was not the official fix. Under 2 hours.

Boone450r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bringing the Escalade in tomorrow to have this addressed, was told under 2 hours as well. I will let you know.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They got my part and fixed it quickly and without issue yesterday. No weird crap. No damage. And 1 day before I drive across country, much respect.

Bthnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They ended up giving me a loaner because I asked them to check a couple of other issues and seems like they were backlogged a bit. As a side note, the two issues I was having was SiriusXM often not loading (I think this is a software issue but figured it didn’t hurt to mention) and cruise control sometimes not turning on. Steering wheel controls (only for CC) do nothing, as if the system is off. Only happened a couple of times. Fixes itself at some future start.

Aaron 21 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do they do for the restraint recall? Anything I should look for after it is completed? I don't want them to dick something and I miss it when I pick it up.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my 2021 Z71 they just take the seat off via the velcro on the underside so there is nothing to damage really. Not sure what happened to the guy earlier in the thread, not proper training I imagine.

revengejr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I have a 2021 Tahoe RST with 1,500 miles bought in February. I also had the SRS light come on around 1,200 miles, took it to the dealer for servicing and they found code B1A7A. Reset it and no issues until 1,500 miles. Yesterday, my wife noticed the visor lights not working and on a whim, I cycled the map lights and, viola, visor lights work again. Also notice now the SRS warning light is off. Reading everyone else's replies, has anyone else found a resolution for this? I am taking it back to chevy tomorrow morning for them to look at. Thanks!

revengejr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to update my last post here, I just got back from the dealer to look at this and in-fact this is a known issue from GM. I had them print it out for me. It's in their system as doc id #5651275 and #PIT5774. Apparently the cause "could be a logic lock with the A103 roof console" and according to their paperwork, "when the vehicle is checked for DTCs, there will be a current U1121 set in the BCM and B1A7A set in the restraints module." According to the correction section, "Engineering is currently working on releasing a fix" and "the PI will be updated at that time." I read that as a software glitch that needs to be corrected or that A103 module will need to be replaced. It's dated 9/14/20 so it not that old. I hope this helps others experiencing this weird issue.

CentralMT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, you guys are brilliant! I had code B1A7A on a 2021 Escalade Platinum Sport. Dealer scanned codes, couldn’t find any relevant bulletins and said to bring it back after our 1000 mile trip was over (with no airbags functioning). Read this thread on the first night of the trip, opened up the truck, power cycled the map lights and started the engine. The airbag light is now gone and everything back to normal. Thank you all! FWIW, a good symptom is that the passenger airbag info on the right side of the info grouping by the map lights wasn’t working and of course the SRS light was on with a notice…. Now it seems to be fixed, along with a couple of other bugs. Can’t believe the dealer couldn’t solve or even find the issue but one search on this site and everything seems to be solved. I will be back to report if I have any recurrence of the issue. Joined the forum just to thank you all who contributed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep