Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8c585ae049478a1e5029bbeb15a104fa.jpg

2021 Tahoe Z71 5.3L 4WD Graywood Metallic
That appears to be outboard not inboard where the airbag issue is occurring. I would bring that up as a manufacturing defect and have them order you a whole new seat cover.

Mine was fixed and the issue that they are having is with the zipper on the back of the seat cover. The zipper starts in the footwell area. It is so tight that they have been ripping it when attempting to install the new module and connector.

Giangi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please can anybody who has already brought in a 2021 Tahoe in for service at Chevrolet tell me if they can notice a repaired “cut” on their driver’s seat ? ( my previous post shows with a picture where to look at approximately ). Thanks !

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of mine. No rip or stitching issues on the outboard side of the seat. However, I now have some serious questions about the broken zipper that was “fixed”.
9D742CE9-8AC8-4B58-98C2-7575131D3F66.jpeg E445D072-49B6-4518-B15B-AC963679B0E8.jpeg

Giangi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ThNk you for sharing !

kidtriton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you all talk about the zipper on the seat cover, is this the seat back cover or the seat bottom cover they have to remove?

kidtriton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update on mine, which has not been to a dealer yet. I was getting it intermittently a lot up until around 1200 miles and then it stopped. It would pop up the message and the red airbag would light but then go off for a few minutes, come back on several times like this during the same drive. Two weeks ago right at 2000 miles it did it again for the first time since 1200 miles but this time it would only give the message when you first started it and the red airbag light would stay on the whole time, like a hard fault and not intermittent. Last week I hit the onstar button to see if their remote diagnostics would give the code and it did, B1A7A. But I haven't been able to find a description for that code to see if it's steering wheel or seat related. Now for the last three days it hasn't come on at all. No message and the airbag light is off.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: 2020 Silverado LTZ. My 2nd trip to the dealership resulted in replacement of clock spring wire in steering wheel and the airbag connector. This is the second time the clock spring has been replaced. I’ve had it back for a few days and have put less than 100 miles on it. I’ll post updates periodically.

kidtriton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found out this morning that my B1A7A code if for an overhead console module lockup and GM has a bulletin out on it with no resolution yet. They are telling dealer techs to pull a fuse to get it back working for now and it will cause this message along with the airbag light. Funny thing is where I said above that it hasn't been on in three days, Friday night my wife pulled down the passenger visor and the mirror lights wouldn't work. I opened the door and noticed the interior lights in the front and second row weren't working either. I cycled the map light on and off and all the lights including the visor mirror lights started working again and that's when the airbag light went off and hasn't been back on.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update- no recurrence if the problem after several hundred miles and a few weeks. Seems like replacing the connector in the steering wheel was the issue for me. I hope the relative quiet on the forum means that others have found a resolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic