Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenLynaugh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve had my 21 Tahoe for 11 days now and there’s 200 miles on it. I was messing with the seat and steering wheel today and the “Service Safety Restraint System” popped up. It comes and goes every couple minutes..
I’ve read all the posts on here. So it’s either the driver seat harness/connector, clock spring or/and the airbag module?
I’m worried the Dealership in town won’t know what to do.
Anyone’s Tahoe fixed?

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 21 Tahoe for 11 days now and there’s 200 miles on it. I was messing with the seat and steering wheel today and the “Service Safety Restraint System” popped up. It comes and goes every couple minutes..
I’ve read all the posts on here. So it’s either the driver seat harness/connector, clock spring or/and the airbag module?
I’m worried the Dealership in town won’t know what to do.
Anyone’s Tahoe fixed?

The diag steps are provided for the dealer, so they should be able to diagnose the issue

jed2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I was in the clear on the Safety Restraint System issue... it’s been 3 weeks since they replaced the connector with no issues, but the light came on again this morning :( Along with a “service gear indicator” warning light that I have not seen before. I love this Tahoe, but these issues are really frustrating.

Giangi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As I mentioned before I brought in for service my 2021 Tahoe Z71 since I needed to have the warning message resolved. As discussed by many users it looks like, in many cases, Chevrolet technicians at the dealer had to reposition a wire related to the airbag system.

Today I paid a closer look to the driver seat and I kind of found a “patched area” that has been probably cut in order to remove the leather cover of the seat. I took a picture of the “glued area” of the seat and I would like to check with you guys if you can notice something funny too in that area after you brought your Tahoe in for solving this specific problem that we are discussing here. Thank you all for your attention on the matter.

The picture I’m posting it’s very small due to the forum file size limitations, but if you look at your seat (driver seat) you should focus approximately to the seam at the height of the seatbelt. If I touch the area it’s harder to the tact like hardened glue.

Adjustments.jpg

2021 Tahoe Z71 5.3L 4WD Graywood Metallic

Giangi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As I mentioned before I brought in for service my 2021 Tahoe Z71 since I needed to have the warning message resolved. As discussed by many users it looks like, in many cases, Chevrolet technicians at the dealer had to reposition a wire related to the airbag system.

Today I paid a closer look to the driver seat and I kind of found a “patched area” that has been probably cut in order to remove the leather cover of the seat. I took a picture of the “glued area” of the seat and I would like to check with you guys if you can notice something funny too in that area after you brought your Tahoe in for solving this specific problem that we are discussing here. Thank you all for your attention on the matter.

The picture I’m posting it’s very small due to the forum file size limitations, but if you look at your seat (driver seat) you should focus approximately to the seam at the height of the seatbelt.

Adjustments.jpg

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at our 2021 loaner and it does not have any issues with the stitching on the seat.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The picture I’m posting it’s very small due to the forum file size limitations, but if you look at your seat (driver seat) you should focus approximately to the seam at the height of the seatbelt. If I touch the area it’s harder to the tact like hardened glue.

View attachment 261078

Yea i would say that is no doubt from someone patching their f-up. Especially if its been in for work already.

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

View attachment 261078

Do you have a photo from further away to get an idea where on the seat it is? I have been lucky and had mine repaired (knock on wood) with replacement of steering wheel airbag and module. (See earlier posts). Thanks

venom260

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The warning is light is back on in my truck. Anyone have a sustained, successful fix ?

Yes. Read my post dated October 22nd.
Replacing the Driver's Side AirBag and "connector module" is the current final fix to the SRS light warning issue others have experienced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094