Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it might be interesting to catalog build dates - at minimum the month is on the data tag on the door. If you have paperwork with the vehicle, it might have the actual build date

Mes14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s been a week since the fix and no issues driven approx 400 miles
Update.. almost made it month with without this fxhking message now it’s back. I was warned here it wouldn’t last, Very frustrating

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update.. almost made it month with without this fxhking message now it’s back. I was warned here it wouldn’t last, Very frustrating

Did you have a fix done? If so what? Sorry to hear about this.

Mes14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you have a fix done? If so what? Sorry to hear about this.

From 9/18, they reconnected a wire attached to the steering wheel airbag.
d67a76d0-8039-4afa-aed6-2f5512bcdef4-jpeg.257914

Hondogreif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From 9/18, they reconnected a wire attached to the steering wheel airbag.
d67a76d0-8039-4afa-aed6-2f5512bcdef4-jpeg.257914
This was the fix for me if it helps. They also replaced the steering wheel air bag module as well. Has been close to a month and over a thousand miles and has not come back
829B27C2-5FCB-4962-A6E0-8E7BDB2519B4.jpeg6A5189AD-90F1-4762-A574-E9377ED20AC2.jpeg

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like 2 issues that people are chasing here the Driver seat airbag and steering wheel airbag/clock-spring. Mine was the airbag in the driver seat inboard side. The module and connector have been replaced. When they performed this work the seat cover has to be removed and it is zipped down so tight that multiple people have had the issue where the zipper is ripped off. It took 4 trips and my truck was finally in the shop for a few weeks for this, but I did have loaner suburban during that time period. It has been good for the past 3 weeks....back in for a different reason now.

venom260

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally got the SRS/Airbag fix performed on Tuesday! It was my third trip to the dealership for this issue. The bulletin the service statement refers to is: 1st trip-- Check module connector, disconnect/reconnect module. 2nd trip-- realign module connector, disconnect/reconnect module connector and use butyl tape. Those two "adjustments" to the SRS/Airbag module connector did not remedy the issue. Trip #3 replaced the driver's side airbag and replace the module connector. So far (knock on wood) no service SRS warnings! Let's all hope this is the final fix to this issue.

Other than that, we love this Yukon! My wife is the primary driver of this vehicle. My primary vehicle is a 2020 GMC Sierra Denali HD 2500.

Hope everyone gets this issue resolved soon!

image.jpeg

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My light has come on three times now since I have had the clock spring replaced, but it is nowhere near as frequently as before and it seems to be more or less isolated. I have decided that I’m going to wait quite a while before bringing it in to see if they issue any sort of recall or definitive fix.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The warning is light is back on in my truck. Anyone have a sustained, successful fix ?