service ride resistor trick? not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalliworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how forum,

I have 2 blown rear oem air ride shocks

I want to bypass the service ride error with resistors and use the oem in the front and some basic shocks in the rear.

I tried the 3.9ohm resistors on each shock but the service ride does not go away.

how do I do the resistor trick correctly?

the front shocks look good and the level sensors on both sides work fine
the air ride compressor turns on when i bypass the relay under the hood

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how forum,

I have 2 blown rear oem air ride shocks

I want to bypass the service ride error with resistors and use the oem in the front and some basic shocks in the rear.

I tried the 3.9ohm resistors on each shock but the service ride does not go away.

how do I do the resistor trick correctly?

the front shocks look good and the level sensors on both sides work fine
the air ride compressor turns on when i bypass the relay under the hood

unplug the battery.
pull the fuse for the compressor/air ride.
Plug the battery back in.

Enjoy not having the service air ride warning.

OP
OP
D

denalliworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
unplug the battery.
pull the fuse for the compressor/air ride.
Plug the battery back in.

Enjoy not having the service air ride warning.

I wanted to keep the fuse in and let the air ride work because the level sensors on the body seem to help with braking.

Does the resistor trick work or not?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to keep the fuse in and let the air ride work because the level sensors on the body seem to help with braking.

Does the resistor trick work or not?

You said you have blown rear shocks and those are the only air shocks you have.(The stock ones are also auto damping) The fronts just use an electronic damping system but no air. The service ride control light can be on for any number of reasons but in your case I'd say it's because of the blown rear shocks. It the ride height sensors see its sitting low, the compressor is supposed to come on and air up the rear to level it. Also, if the compressor or the suspension computer or auto damping have a problem the light comes on. The resistors are for when you change to non-auto-damping aftermarket shocks either front or rear. They take the place of the electronic damping but that's all. They won't fix anything else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

denalliworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You said you have blown rear shocks and those are the only air shocks you have.(The stock ones are also auto damping) The fronts just use an electronic damping system but no air. The service ride control light can be on for any number of reasons but in your case I'd say it's because of the blown rear shocks. It the ride height sensors see its sitting low, the compressor is supposed to come on and air up the rear to level it. Also, if the compressor or the suspension computer or auto damping have a problem the light comes on. The resistors are for when you change to non-auto-damping aftermarket shocks either front or rear. They take the place of the electronic damping but that's all. They won't fix anything else.

so If i put 3.9ohm resistor in the non dampening rear shocks, the service air ride light will not come on?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to either repair the compressor and put in air shocks from someone like Arnott or disable the system. The Arnotts come with bypass resistors. You might want to pay a shop to read the codes and see why the light is on. The resistors are mainly used for the fronts since you can get several different shocks for them.

vegard norway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all.i have tried to Get rid off src Message for months ..disconected - on battery and romoved fuse rtd.message gone.!.thank you so all mutch.!!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission