Service Ride Control???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put the 4 resisters is and pulled the fuse. After 2 days of driving light came back on
You need to disconnect the battery and THEN pull the RTD fuse. Put the thing back in, drive it for awhile, then disconnect the battery, pull the fuse, and reconnect the battery.

Jeff Weatherford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, let me get this correct. Disc neg on batt. Pull fuses on mine I think its fuses 54&58. Put the fuses back in hook up neg and drive. Then repeat except leave fuses out

Jeff Weatherford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I ended up buying the bypass modules off ebay. The ones that come already soldered up and shrink tubed up and ready for install. Plugged the busted ass compressor back in, unhooked height linkages, and did just as you said rocket man. So far its working. No messages. Now to replace shocks.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Well, I ended up buying the bypass modules off ebay. The ones that come already soldered up and shrink tubed up and ready for install. Plugged the busted ass compressor back in, unhooked height linkages, and did just as you said rocket man. So far its working. No messages. Now to replace shocks.
Link for bypass modules?

Edit : I found them. Do I need to hook the compressor back up for this to work ?

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link for bypass modules?

Edit : I found them. Do I need to hook the compressor back up for this to work ?
For what to work? If you’re pulling the RTD fuse probably so. If you’ve already done that and it’s just the ride height sensors causing the light, then no.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
For what to work? If you’re pulling the RTD fuse probably so. If you’ve already done that and it’s just the ride height sensors causing the light, then no.
Fuse is already out. Then I took my compressor out completely. Need to buy the 4 resistors, well 2 for the Tahoe, need 4 for Escalade and Denali ? Was asking if I would need the compressor re-installed in order to have the resistors work ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292235913463

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
No. If the RTD fuse is out you shouldn’t need to. And all 4 shocks have the ride height sensors so yes 4 resistors each.
Ok cause I have the service ride control message on my dash. Just seen a few different ways in my research.
I’m blown away there isn’t a full write up sticky on this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter