Service Ride Control???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THOLL223

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what I did with my '03 Tahoe (which I no longer have) I replaced the rear coils http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm?id=232681 Bilstein Part #199020 and got new shocks, they were Bilsteins from shockwarehouse.com.

Then take the old connectors that went into the shocks, cut the connector off and you have 2 wires. I took the resistor, soldered a short section of wire onto each side of the connector and then wrapped it up good in electrical tape.

resistors.jpg

Then butt splice the other ends into the 2 wires where you cut off the connectors. Doesn't matter what wire to what. I found it also helps to pull the RTD fuse in the fuse block under the hood.

Funny thing is I just picked up a 2000 Chevy 2500 Suburban and somebody had bypassed the air ride by installing new shocks but had no idea how to get rid of the blinking message on the dash. About 1/2 hour later, it is now gone!

Last edited:

anthony.shaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Big thanks to THOLL223 for his suggestion, had my air ride removed due to blown out shocks and a failed air pump, was being nagged by the Service Ride Control message for the last couple months, came across this thread and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again!

Hockhult

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just take out the "RTD" fuse from underneath the hood. You have to disconnect the negative battery terminal first. There are many ways to eliminate the autoride.

Got the SRC message coming how today.
Realised that I do not know much about the AR or the air suspension.

How will removing the fuse effect the car? Will the ride be different?
Looking at this as a temporary solution since I have to import parts.

And a possibly stupid question, why do you need to disconnect the battery?

2001 Chevy Tahoe

Hockhult

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the SRC message coming how today.
Realised that I do not know much about the AR or the air suspension.

How will removing the fuse effect the car? Will the ride be different?
Looking at this as a temporary solution since I have to import parts.

And a possibly stupid question, why do you need to disconnect the battery?

2001 Chevy Tahoe

My problem was a bad electrical connection in the front shock absorber.

May be worth checking if you have these problems.

vdubpower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello
2006 denali 75000 miles

just got the service ride control message

i havent noticed an droop in the trucks stance, (suv)
now has the ride been changed.

whats the best way to sort this out

when i do start the car, i do hear a compressor(pretty annoying sound )
for the most part start up...

i hope its nothing serious
thanks

DrkJstc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Adjust Ride

I have a 2002 Denali, I had the rear shocks changes and now the ride will not adjust, the compressor comes on and the truck rides high before it use to level out. is there any simple way to fix this?

rpwswish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can you describe how and where you placed the resisters to turn off the service ride control message? Thx

Randall Thornton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just take out the "RTD" fuse from underneath the hood. You have to disconnect the negative battery terminal first. There are many ways to eliminate the autoride.
I was wondering if pulling the rtd fuse is all that is required. By doing this you can eliminate wiring in resisters?
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts