Service Ride Control???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Two weeks into owning an '03 Denali here, and I am now getting a message to "service ride control." I'm not even sure what that means, but assume it has something to do with the air ride suspension. Any ideas? Haven't done anything to the truck since we got it, and it's pretty stock. I don't have money left to fix anything expensive....lol

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
check your air ride compressor, electrical wiring to shock, and air adjust linkages

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It means your rear shocks has a leak and the compressor kept pumping it until it died.(Hence Service ride control) So, now you have to buy rear shocks and a compressor....Easy job but expensive parts....good luck..

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It means your rear shocks has a leak and the compressor kept pumping it until it died.(Hence Service ride control) So, now you have to buy rear shocks and a compressor....Easy job but expensive parts....good luck..

That is NOT what I wanted to hear....lol.

I've only had it for two weeks. :emotions122:

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
i get that occassionally...I turn the truck off and back on and it's gone. it usually happens to me when i start the truck and quickly jump in reverse. not sure if i'm activating a sensor or something, but my compressor functions properly.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a way to bypass the ride control and basically turn it into a standard suspension in the rear? Not saying the OP would want to do that, but might be a cheaper way out until the cash is available to fix the compressor.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
Does your compressor make any noise when you start your truck???

If it does then your compressor is fine, next check your shocks when your compressor turns on and listen for any hissing or air leaks!

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Isn't there a way to bypass the ride control and basically turn it into a standard suspension in the rear? Not saying the OP would want to do that, but might be a cheaper way out until the cash is available to fix the compressor.

I think I remember 2 or 3 threads on people trying to do this, but were unsuccessful in locating the parts :(

graphicideas1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the swap. I purchased 2 Monroe shocks and installed 3.9 ohm 25watt resistors. ALl works fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you need to kill the error message is the resistors, you can buy shocks at anytime after you confirm the message is gone. One thing i noticed if you remove the compressor , even with the resistors, you will get that message. I dont know how the bcm knows i have the compressor plugged in because it does not work. You must keep the compressor plugged in!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep