Service Power Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc Marc

Reaction score
Hopefully my response can help others tell you the possible fix. I had my 2013 Yukon Denali Hybrid at the dealer to get a new steering box installed. After the repair the Hybrid worked fine until I got home, and later went on a short errand. A block from home I lost control of the steering when making a turn, and the DIC said to service power steering. Had the car towed to the dealer, and they said the mechanic forgot to connect one wire (unfortunately I can't tell you which one but maybe others here can).

Problem promptly went away.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
difference is that the OPs vehicle is stalling when coming out of autostop making a turn. If the OP's Hybrid battery is in its "death spiral" there will be times where it will not have enough juice to keep the power steering operating plus whatever else is drawing on it and then crank the engine over all at the same time.
I wish that I had known about the NEW battery modules before I swapped for a refurbished one! BG1998 private message me that link man if you get a minute. I searched high and low for something like that last year.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt