Service brake system message?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
This popped up on my DIC, went away after restart. Hasn't come back in a few days. I've read a bunch of threads, but none ever seemed to solve the problem. Anyone got any ideas? In assume it'll happen again now any time...

96EF3E8D-8F5F-41B4-8DFE-E20971AA0CD8.jpeg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to get it scanned with a abs scanner. till then its a guess. that code will be stored in history.

could be a bad hub, but with abs stuff thats a guess. best to scan, then follow the code. better then tossing money at it and going no where.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abs module or a wheel hub is most likely, a scanner that does abs will tell you, if it is coming on random and then goes off when you stop and restart that tends to be the abs module but again you will need a scanner to be 100% sure. all fixable nothing to worry to much about brakes will still work., have you checked your front hubs? if not you can jack up the front end and then try to wiggle your front wheels from 12 to 6 there should be no play, 3 to 9 will have a little bit that's normal.

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Where is the abs module? Where can I get someone to scan abs? If it NOT hub, is it typically just resoldering the abs module? Seems like a lot of people say they can fix it by doing that

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its under the truck about the driver seat area.

as far as a abs scan, you need to find a shop with a abs scanner, or buy one. they range from 100 to 300 bucks.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We dont have a D.I.C. in the earlier models but the random abs/brake light was the abs module on mine. I pulled the unit and sent to a guy on eBay. He had it back to me in 3 days. Key thing to note is there is a relay in the module and mine had failed causing a constant abs pump whivh will kill your battery. He bench tested it and all. Been years since it was done and no issues.

If u got over 100k on your hubs I'd recommend replacing them as general maintenance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
We dont have a D.I.C. in the earlier models but the random abs/brake light was the abs module on mine. I pulled the unit and sent to a guy on eBay. He had it back to me in 3 days. Key thing to note is there is a relay in the module and mine had failed causing a constant abs pump whivh will kill your battery. He bench tested it and all. Been years since it was done and no issues.

If u got over 100k on your hubs I'd recommend replacing them as general maintenance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Can you tell me what guy on eBay and how much he charged? Thx

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the part # or linknfor the hubs ie Amazon or rockauto for recommended hubs. I've heard Timken ?

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the part # or linknfor the hubs ie Amazon or rockauto for recommended hubs. I've heard Timken ?
I paid $65 and it's been a long time but the seller seems to be SIA Electronics. It was a quick turn around and lifetime warranty.. search abs module repair and they come up.
im 2wd and just did Timken bearings this weekend from Amazon. I thought I had a bad shock or balljoint..it was the hubs..and they weren't making any noise.. edfd972c7a24704af35860c05ec14397.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When I did the hubs last year on my 04 Escalade best price I found was $101 each on Carid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts