Service Brake System DIC message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
I replaced my original parking brake pads yesterday. After restarting the parking brake light comes on and the DIC message says "service brake system / stability disabled".

I did slightly push the caliper pistons back in with a clamp to make re-installation easier, but I'm not sure if that slight shift in fluid would have caused the issue. The message seemed to pop up as I was pumping the brakes back up. Anyone know the fix? Thanks!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I replaced my original parking brake pads yesterday. After restarting the parking brake light comes on and the DIC message says "service brake system / stability disabled".

I did slightly push the caliper pistons back in with a clamp to make re-installation easier, but I'm not sure if that slight shift in fluid would have caused the issue. The message seemed to pop up as I was pumping the brakes back up. Anyone know the fix? Thanks!

Sure you didn't accidentally unplug/pinch the wire for the wheel speed sensor?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like the proportioning valve might have got stuck, try unplugging the sensor on the valve and see if the brake message goes away, if it does you can try bleeding the brakes real slow and see if the valve moves back into position

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17