Service 4wd - but only in 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What price are you seeing? I finally buckled down and got one after 4 years... I'd suggest against waiting that long.
If the OP is thinking too rich to afford...

I see $250-$275 on Chinese clones.
For that kind of money I plan on getting one myself in a month or so.
Would definitely pay for itself by being able to get in and do deeper diagnostics and sending commands (on/off, activate/deactivate, ope/close, etc.) to test the functional operation of different components and controls!

Chinacardiags.com unit looks like a pretty solid unit...

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Plus 72 bucks on shipping

$325? Ehh. I'm fairly confident it's just the sensor. Famous last words....

Now if I'm wrong, then I'll entertain one. But for a 25 dollar part and an hour of time? I'm willing to risk it :p

But like I said... Once I'm in the tool investment area, I really start to question if it's appropriate to have a singular tool like the tech 2, or jump into the 800-1200 range and get a shop scanner that won't be specific to this vehicle

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Subscribed out of curiosity. Let us know how it goes!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If the OP is thinking too rich to afford...

I see $250-$275 on Chinese clones.
For that kind of money I plan on getting one myself in a month or so.
Would definitely pay for itself by being able to get in and do deeper diagnostics and sending commands (on/off, activate/deactivate, ope/close, etc.) to test the functional operation of different components and controls!

Chinacardiags.com unit looks like a pretty solid unit...

Yeah, his truck would be fixed if he had one.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love a cheap fix! Awesome news.

I put off buying the Tech2, but I figured money saved at not playing parts darts or having to go to a shop for programming or sensor resets would save me more in parts $ by getting sooner than later.

A nice Autel like Scotty Kilmer uses would be nice for use on my wife and son's cars, but getting into that $800+ price range is going to take a little longer. Baby steps...

Tech2 is coming Wednesday. I'll be using it to help trace out a couple of annoying EVAP DIC messages and occasional P0449 code.

Glad you seem to be back in business!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts