Selling my PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta say, toyota makes a mean truck/SUV. I dont think it really conforms to the US idea of 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, but they are definitely strong enough to be called 1/2 ton. I had an 06 sequoia with the 4.7L and it was a great truck. I tell you, that toyota traction control system is absolutely insane. I was halfway into a 45 degree skid in some nasty snow last year while in 2WD and 3 beeps, and I was straight again. No idea what it did, or how it did it, but I was starting to plan for how to get out of the ditch and it wasnt looking good.

Now, there are some annoyances. First. Check your motor, but toyota still uses timing belts. It's a 1200-1500$ service at 100k intervals. That sucks. I bought mine used, just over 100k, and it had not been serviced, so that was a big spend I put into immediately. Second is their 4x4 transfer case is not really serviceable like a chevy person would expect. A chevy 4x4 actuator requires a few hours work, and a 120 dollar part. Well, the actuator in the electronic transfer case requires the case to be dropped, and split to replace the 1000$ part. All in, the repair costs 4-5k. That sucks something serious. So anyhow, they are nice vehicles, but they have their pitfalls.

OP
OP
S

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love Toyota, they make some pretty amazing trucks and have some incredible suspension upgrades.
Do me a favor, please don't tell anyone I said that ;)
It’s OK , I understand...:)
I been looking for V8 Nissan Armada, but my wife says ; Lexi or nothing

OP
OP
S

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's going to be a long long road before electric has any real bearing on anything, no road trips, no camping trips, no towing capacity-yet, the only electrics I see out in the mountains and boondocks are a occasional Prius or other (hybrid). and then what happens when there is a emergency like a hurricane, etc if your not fully charged and ready to go at anytime your gonna be screwed at this point. all the hotels/motels are going to have to put in charging stations (lots of them) and most hotels are already dated and on a slim diet. it's going to take a LOT of infrastructure which is a lot of money we just don't have. I can imagine there might be day when you can pull up and park on a charging pad and charge up in the same amount of time it would take to get a tank of gas pumped but the technology is far away and the resources it takes to make these things will do far more damage than pumping oil out of the ground. gas & oil is a stupendous part of the world economy and there not going to cut loose of that money for nothing.
I’m interested in retro fit kits in future , dump my V8 and drop in electric power plant with 1000 miles range and 1000 horsepower, I call this 1000/1000 package , of course government will pay for this :D

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in retro fit kits in future , dump my V8 and drop in electric power plant with 1000 miles range and 1000 horsepower, I call this 1000/1000 package , of course government will pay for this :D
Ya that would be sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011