Security system made me stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phisher0420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone..... So I just tried starting my 2002 Yukon and get absolutely nothing..... I've tried all the security resets I've seen out there and still nothing. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere in MN and it's cold as hell and I can't even get heat because the car can't turn over..... What can I do....I called GMC and they kept saying I must have done something because the system wouldn't lock me out like that. Sadly I just bought this truck 3 weeks ago and have sunk enough money into it.... And I swear after this I'm going back to Ford because all I read is this is a known major issue

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have internet access, I believe there is a way to bypass the lockout, but it requires tools and time. Otherwise you are going to need it towed to a repair shop.

Actually, since you are marooned and cold, see if any of these will help:

Security Lock Bypass

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone..... So I just tried starting my 2002 Yukon and get absolutely nothing..... I've tried all the security resets I've seen out there and still nothing. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere in MN and it's cold as hell and I can't even get heat because the car can't turn over..... What can I do....I called GMC and they kept saying I must have done something because the system wouldn't lock me out like that. Sadly I just bought this truck 3 weeks ago and have sunk enough money into it.... And I swear after this I'm going back to Ford because all I read is this is a known major issue
if the security light is flashing with key-on then you have to do the 10 minute relearn. basically leave the key on for 10 minutes until the security light stops flashing then turn the key off for about 30 seconds then try to start it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't really read that right, if you get nothing than it's probably the starter or battery, try hitting the starter with a hammer a couple times.
if it was a security issue it would start-n-die from lack of fuel because the security cuts power to the fuel pump, not the starter.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it's really cold in Mn with everything working good and good battery, anything over 2 tries to start is pure luck for it to start.