Security lock out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Fudger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to this site I have an issue and want to see if anyone had this or knows anything about it. I have a 2009 GMC Yukon XL Denali and I have this annoying issue where some times I go to start my truck and nothing happens the security light comes on I thought it might be a ignition problem because for the most part I can remote start so I thought I was bypassing the ignition but recently the security would lock me out when I would remote start. It would lock me out for about 20 minutes I would keep trying to remote start and use the key in the ignition, locking and unlocking the doors and finally it would start with the key or remote. Has anyone had this problem before or have an idea were to start? Thanks in advance

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a security relearn might help but only until it happens again, sometimes it is the ignition lock cylinder and sometimes it is that and the housing, easiest way to find out is just to replace the lock cylinder. this is just from my experience other people may have different information, such as getting a new key cut (unlikely to help but it's a possibility).

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the vats signal tuned out
I replaced ignition housing, ignition switch, BCM, and 6 months later still had the same issue...goy someone with an HP tuner to tune out the PCM requirement signal to start and a sweet tune at the same time. Why spend $300+ for something that won't work long term?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep