Security Light Issue - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SBellew

SBellew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
True, trying to stay on the cheap side of things. Would love to get rid of it. Anyone on here have an ECU programmer?

Thought about trying this guy out: https://newrockies.com/
30 day guarantee, but $300, sheesh.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several threads on here about adding a resistor to the wiring. With a little thought and a little bit of investigating your voltages and timing, you may find the solution very inexpensive.If the timing part of your module has failed, then that should be replaced. Programming it out, as said above is another worthwhile and less expensive solution. Good Luck. https://tinyurl.com/Gm-link

Greg Simmons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help, but:

I had same problem with ‘99 Suburban. Spent 700 at a dealership only to have problem resurface a couple of weeks later. Took it back to dealership who had insisted it could not be programmed out and they kept it a week and said they couldn’t get it to repeat and said you owe us another diagnostic fee to which I told them to shove it. Reprogrammed by Blackbear deleting security and it’s worked fine ever since. 8 years ago and picked up 1 mpg, and truck runs smoother.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the key?
I feel your pain. I hate all of that automatic lighting stuff. On my new Tahoe, I've disabled all the automatic lighting and DRLs. Works just like my old 2000 Suburban now. I love it.

OP
OP
SBellew

SBellew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, doing doing more testing. I noticed that on B6, there is supposed to be a 5 volt reference. Mine is showing almost 0 voltage. Can anyone tell me where this reference voltage comes from do I can track down why it is not showing up? Or is that generated from the passlock module itself? I looked in my manuals and found circuit 705, but it only shows to the steering column connector and could not find where it went from that point.

Last edited:

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the EVO/Passlock module supposed to get the 5V reference from the Passlock sensor on 1836? It looks like it then uses that for the signal to the EVO sensor on 705.

IMG_5674.jpeg

For 1998, they show it in Volume 2 with the EVO/Passlock module.

IMG_5673.jpeg

IMG_5671.jpeg
IMG_5669.jpeg
IMG_5670.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmikem01